Search results

1. W

2012 tdi sedan led question

So I bought an 1157 LED set that is red and it says canbus error-free, I put it in and it works correctly, lights up and blinks normal rate .... however the bulb burnt out light on dash came on.. this is for my outer tail brake/turn signal lens. It doesn't hyper flash or anything... Is there a...
  2. W

2012 mk6 jetta

I just got back into the diesel the way again. My 2000 b5 Passat wagon gasser had the transmission give it's ghost up.. which ended up with me needing a way to continue commuting to a new job. Found a 2012 Jetta mk6 tdi with 40789 miles at a local used car lot.
  3. W

2003 jetta wagon tdi question

I am assuming that this one also has a 01M transmission? Im trying to locate a Automatic transmission valve body rebuild that goes into the jetta tdi wagon, but most say not for 2003 jetta tdi wagon.. what gives... Trying to locate this for a coworker.
  4. W

FS: 2002 1.9L TDI in chassis

What: 2002 Jetta TDI involved in a rear-ended accident Info: I have a 2002 Jetta TDI stored with working engine.runs good started up weekly. Was working on rehabbing into a Smyth Ute kit car. But now think the frame might be messed up. Engine runs great. Location: garaged in Mosinee, Wisconsin...
  5. W

question on fair pricing?

I have a 2002 Jetta TDI that i bought back a couple years ago. When I was on the way home from Maryland/New Jeresy, I was rearended near Escanaba, MI late at night. WAs thinking about then converting it to a ute kit car, but other things came up in life. Now I was looking at the frame, and am...
  6. W

question on 1.9 L

I have a 2002 Jetta TDI that i bought back a couple years ago. When I was on the way home from Maryland/New Jeresy, I was rearended near Escanaba, MI late at night. WAs thinking about then converting it to a ute kit car, but other things came up in life. Now I was looking at the frame, and am...
  7. W

not accepting one of my documents..

they keep rejecting it
  8. W

FS: 2002 Jetta TDI for parts

Running ALH Motor with about 195k miles on it. Car was in a rear end accident back in April. Has been garaged since then. Start and Run it every weekend for 2 hours to let fuel run through and circulate oil. I also changed the oil and filter as it was due for a change when I bought the car...
  9. W

ALH motor

how much would an alh motor with tranny in chassis run for... what would be a fair asking price if one were to sell motor plus transmission with 192 k miles on it ? engine runs perfect.
  10. W

WTB: MK4 Golf or similar driver door window switch trims.

I am converting a 2002 Jetta TDI to a Smyth Performance, so i'll only have 2 doors. I bought the correct switch to replace the 4 door switch, but... I need to replace the trim that is there as well, to match the 2 door switch. anyone parting out one that I could buy off of you the switch and the...
  11. W

Battery dying

So, I am working on converting my '02 jetta sedan tdi to a smyth performance UTE... I have the trunk lid off..... the rear doors are still on though.... So if i leave the car sit for up to a week, when i go to start it, the battery is dead..... have to jump it and let it run for a while to...
  12. W

whats the going price for...

doors? I am pulling off my rear doors tomorrow on the project im starting for the ute pickup conversion.. Paint color is black off a 2002 jetta tdi sedan.... paint condition is fair, light blemishes, other than than everything else is fine, glass is good, windows roll down and up... speakers...
  13. W

Dont know where to post.. 1999 audi A6 Avant wagon

what screws are the lower dash trim..and by this i mean under the steering wheel.. the screws that hold them up..is whats gone missing.. ... getting a car from someone donated to me. they were doing some work on it... lost the screws... the screws that hold the lower trim up.. they were...
  14. W

trouble folding down driver side rear seat

I lift up on the seat fold mechanism just next to the headrest. .and nothing happens. It's unlocked, but It won't fold down...... I need to fold it down so I can get at the bolts to remove the seat. Any ideas on how to get the seat off, apart from cutting the bracket off somehow or...
  15. W

01M transmission coolers

I know its a big thing about the transmission and heat..or overheating. The stock transmission cooler is mounted on top of the tranny? really.. that seems logical.. What are good ones? http://www.jcwhitney.com/p2000991/sku-179307.jcwx?filterid=c3758d14322y2002g62u0j1 also found this one"...
  16. W

Manual sunroof

Are there any manual sunroofs that would fit the opening of the sunroof that is occupied by the powered sunroof? I plan to go ahead with this Smythe Performance Jettacamino Pickup truck conversion, therefore, the sunroof would only be able to tilt up slightly, which is lame. SO i figured, I...
  17. W

Well i dont know what to say

I was driving home from the East Coast after having visited family in Maryland. On friday evening, we were enroute from London Ontario heading for home. We were turning off of US2/US41 in Rapid River, MI to turn into a gas station to use the restroom and get a snack.. There was a truck way down...
  18. W

NJ,NY,PA or other area

Hello: Im a fellow TDICLUB member from the Midwest region. I am buying a 2002 jetta tdi thats starting to have the signs of the Automatic Transmission Valve Body starting to act up. I will be buying the car from Parsipanny-Troy Hills region. I was wondering if anyone out that way would be...
  19. W

looking at a 2003 MK Iv JETTA TDI

has 192k miles on it, runs decent, gonna need a timingbelt change soon.. so ya.. theres that.... wonder who could change that for me on the cheap if i bought the parts. Also might want the engine valve cover rubber gasket replaced. I went and test drove it yesterday at the dealership I found...