Search results

1. V

Leaky cam shaft seals

Went 200k on my first TDI and never had this issue with that. Haven’t heard of this as being a common issue before? Good luck Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. V

A Driver Side Window Electric Issue

I hope they offer you a decent price. Generally you will pay double for a part from the dealer. Get the part number and the man google that, I guarantee you’ll find it cheaper elsewhere Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. V

A Driver Side Window Electric Issue

Replace the switch. Had the same thing happen to mine a few years ago. There’s a little plastic catch the wears out or breaks off. Without that there is no second position that enables the one touch window up or down. You can find them cheap but the cheap ones may wear out faster and require...
  4. V

Oil fill cap, blow by?

I would notice enough on my ‘13 TDI that drew my attention. But upon inspection over the 200k miles I’ve had it, I’ve never noticed more than a slight amount built up on the rubber collar and never anything below it. I’ve simply removed the collar and cleaned it each service I perform. All of...
  5. V

Front brake questions - 2015 SE

The CC’s use the same pads however they have a second sensor that the Passats don’t on the drivers front. Just cut it off. As far as the caliper pin thread, can’t you take the old pins and measure them or have them measured? Good luck Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. V

2012-2015 NMS Passat OEM LED Tail Lights- SoCal

Yours for just $500 + shipping. That’s right, real OEM LED Tall Lights! Not replicas and not cheap knock offs. Real VW tail lights!!! These will fit the 2012-2015 NMS Passat. They come from the Chinese model Passat called the “Magotan”. The “Magotan” was offered with a grouping of higher end...
  7. V

Newbie, educate me on Regens

This is true, it’s thought to be best to leave them running or drive for a little while longer until the regen cycle is complete. As far as telling when it’s occurring, you’ll notice that your at idle rpm’s are higher (1100-1200) and you’ll smell the diesel fumes being burnt off (if for...
  8. V

014 Passat Airbag Light is on after dashcam install

[emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. V

014 Passat Airbag Light is on after dashcam install

When you remove the trim/bezel, there should have been an air bag indicator light near the A/C control. This connector gets disconnected to fully remove the trim. If you started the car with this disconnected, it triggered your air bag dash light. Just reconnecting it will not clear the fault...
  10. V

Rear door puddle lights MIA?

https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=400223&page=3 See page 3 of the thread above. It’s a very easy mod Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. V

Rear door puddle lights MIA?

They’ve never existed in the NMS Passat platform. They have to be added. There’s a thread on TDI club that shows exactly what wires to tap into to enable this feature. [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. V

Another sometimes mysterious starting situation

I live in southern CA and when temps start to drop at night, I see this happen even in a garaged car. This is why they make block warmers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. V

Another sometimes mysterious starting situation

If the car is cold, it will hesitate before turning over. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. V

Weird KESSY issue

Fob battery? Have you tried replacing that? If it occurs again I’d try that before anything else. You just pop off the cover to expose the battery. Good luck Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. V

NMS heater core pluggage

It’s the same heater core. They claim they’ve upgraded it and are using different flux now, but the problem still occurs. Make sure you flush the system well when you do this or it could clog again in as little as 3 weeks Good luck Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. V

Engine vibrates, losses power when cold

When I inquired they would only state that the trans was bad. They just kept telling me that the code given requires replacement. I don’t know for certain but: I heard that a trans shop would have replaced the mech unit, but that the dealer won’t. Pretty sure I got taken for more than I...
  17. V

Engine vibrates, losses power when cold

I have a ‘13 TDI and had to have my DSG replaced at 165k. Was driving 80mph flashing wrench came on and car went into “limp” mode. Pulled over shut car off, waited a few minutes, started it. Drive fine, 15 mins later happened again. Limped it to the dealer 45 mins away. Went into limo mode total...
  18. V

VCDS question: Installing injector on 2012 Passat

^^^^^ Post on the ross tech forum and ask there. I think that will be your best bet for finding the code or having them help you directly. Good luck. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  19. V

2012 Oil Leak

Just had the cam seal done on my ‘13 TDI with @175k miles. I was trying to find this for months. Just like you said, back passenger half of engine was covered. If I parked on an incline, nose up...it would drip within 30 seconds. I think it’s a likely culprit Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. V

2014 Passat TDI Oil Filter Removal

https://youtu.be/6zryOaT56z8 I’ve only ever done what’s in this video. Never had a problem or removed any hoses. ‘13 TDI 164k miles Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk