Search results

1. S

DTUK CRD-t Diesel Tuning Box for Sale

I am doing the buyback with my 15’ TDI Golf. Therefore I am selling my DTUK CRD-t tuning box. It works as advertised. In perfect condition. Had on the car for ~5,000 miles. Here’s a link to the DTUK website showing the unit. http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/box-details.php?id=10 $300 -...
  2. S

If VW buys back your JSW, what will you replace it with?

The more I thought about the debacle, the more pissed I got. So I’m going for the buyback. The replacement is a 2014 Audi S4. 30K+ of existing Factory Warranty. Every time I drive it I have an ear-to-ear grin. Check out the youtube reviews. In every driving review the reviewer smiles when...
  3. S

20,000 Mile service cost

I paid about the same amount in the bay area. Was it high?, yes. Was it free?, yes with my goodwill money.
  4. S

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

I’ve got a ’96 12V CTD. One of the most reliable engines on the planet. Seriously overbuilt design. Some guys are getting 800+ HP on straight #2. Never getting rid of mine.
  5. S

2015 GSW TDI cruise control disengaging

Traction control is what probably happened in my case. I remember hitting some standing water and then losing CC.
  6. S

Change Key Battery Warning

Replaced mine for the first time last week. I’ve had the car around 11 months~.
  7. S

2015 GSW TDI cruise control disengaging

My cruise control has disengaged 3 or 4 times on me. If memory serves they all happened when it was raining or wet out. Not 100% sure though. It’s been maybe 3 months since it’s happened. I’m at 20,XXX miles.
  8. S

Golf Reliability

I’m new to VW but have owned a few cars in my 53 years. I recently had my HVAC blend door motor/motors go south. They were replaced under warranty. My NAV system will occasionally spurt out random alerts announcing my impending doom (probably once a month). I reset the alert and continue...
  9. S

Panoramic Sunroof.

I’ve been very happy with my sunroof so far.
  10. S

Performance

I installed the DTUK box this morning. So far, so good. I’ve only tried level 1 & 2+2, which pulls nicely. Still more testing to be done.
  11. S

Sportwagen Ride Quality - SE vs. SEL

Pretty sure R’s get 19” wheels.
  12. S

Performance

I just ordered a DTUK box. Will post my impressions in the next few weeks.
  13. S

Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 for less than $10/gallon!

SFH, Thanks for the heads-up. Always like to keep the oil inventory up! SVG
  14. S

cabin air filter location

It’s behind the glove box.
  15. S

Any known Mods for 2015 Golf TDI

That looks great. Any wheel rub?
  16. S

Will Passat wheels fit my Golf?

Thanks for the replies so far. The winter use will be in Montana. The car will spend the rest of the time in Kalifornia.
  17. S

Golf MK7 Infotainment review

“The VW unit is 10x better than the Ford Sync (Microsoft P.O.S.).....” I couldn’t agree more. I had Sync on a 2014 work vehicle and what an unintuitive POS. Vintage Microsoft. I don’t find the infotainment system bad at all. While it’s not a world beater it’s been good for me. Would I like a...
  18. S

Will Passat wheels fit my Golf?

I’ve located some passat rims for sale. I’ll be using them for winter tires at some point. Their specs are 8J x 18H2 x ET48. My SEL wheel specs are 7.5J x 18H2 x ET51. I’m 99% sure they’ll fit but I thought I’d ask the experts. SVG