Search results

1. Q

Free Thule Roof Rack

^That. Four digit number is stamped on the lock cylinder.
  2. Q

EPA Permits Sale of Inventoried TDIs

Agreed. You'll have the enthusiasts who want one, the Mk4 guys who realize this is the last chance at getting a VW diesel and want/need to replace theirs, and then the rest will likely sit, plus the influx of the repaired buy backs. I think the bulk of the regular car buying population has a...
  3. Q

2015 wagon snow tire suggestions?

I run Conti WinterContact SI's on 17" Sparco Asseto Gara wheels on ours - wheels are light but durable, and the tires have been great in the snow (especially considering the price). My sister runs them on her E92 as well and has been happy with them. My wife ran Hankook IceBears on our Mk6 GTI...
  4. Q

to 4 motion or not to 4 motion for new sportwagen

The APR Stage 2 tune will give you 256hp/304 ft/lbs, but you'll need to add their (or another manufacturer's) downpipe. Nothing else beyond that is out there (along the lines of the IS38 swap for the GTI's) due to fueling and engine internal limits.
  5. Q

3.0 Status conference Wednesday 11/30/16

Porsche made a comment the other day stating that the unsold 2015/16 Cayenne diesels would be fixed and sold as CPO/used cars - wonder if that means they know the fix is going to be approved.
  6. Q

Dealer's offer to put together a deal.

No, but I got a quote from them while shopping for our Mk7. Their price does not include destination (most of the VA dealers don't), but from what I remember, they weren't bundling bizarre incentives to get that number.
  7. Q

Mk7 Common issues and resolutions

Car is going in Friday for the AdBlue injector/line leak: Two other issues I noticed that the dealer couldn't replicate: 1) The touchscreen function on the nav doesn't work every now and then, and it has a weird habit of cycling through the satellite stations by itself, and occasionally...
  8. Q

Ad-Blu

Truck stops would be the cheapest but I was surprised that the dealer was only ~$11 for the 2.5 gallon jug.
  9. Q

Buying new 2015 Golf Tdi

We had a SE that got bought back and replaced with a SEL - the SEL seats are much better in my opinion (due to the bolstering). The nav is slow and clunky, but gets the job done (we don't use it much to be honest). There wasn't much of a difference between the 17"s and 18"s in terms of ride...
  10. Q

FOB battery covered?

They are not, and the batteries don't seem to last very long - I replaced the batteries in both fobs before we hit a year of ownership
  11. Q

FS: VWR Springs for Mk7 Golf TDI

I'm selling a set of VWR lowering springs for the Mk7 Golf TDI (PN# VWR31G7BA). They were installed for all of 400 miles - wife decided she wanted to go a different route with the car. Asking $240 picked up (Philly suburbs); happy to ship at buyers expense.
  12. Q

VWR springs on an american TDI?

So I took the plunge and ordered the VWR springs; I installed them last week and put ~400 miles on the car since then. I'm still undecided, but I think I'm going to pull them back out. The front is sitting really low (tire is tucked; I bought spacers but genuinely don't think they'll fit), and...
  13. Q

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Installed VWR springs (about a week ago) - think I might take them out as the front is sitting very low (lower than others who have posted pictures):
  14. Q

Letter From My Dealer re: Buybacks

Glad to know I'm not the only one!
  15. Q

Letter From My Dealer re: Buybacks

Maybe I'm being petty, but if the tax credits from a trade in do not apply, then maybe VW shouldn't be basing the settlement money on the trade in value (and/or, they should be returning the taxes that were paid). Not sure what the trade in tax credit looks like from state to state, but if I was...
  16. Q

VWR springs on an american TDI?

And that PN fit the beam axle? The dealer told me that PN only fit the IRS cars, but they can't figure out which one would fit the cars with the rear beam.
  17. Q

Change Key Battery Warning

One of ours is doing this (had the car since April 2015). Edit: Now both need them.
  18. Q

Looking for shop in NYC or Long Island

I use Drive Auto Works in North Jersey for my Audi and BMW (TDI is still too new yet). Always had a positive experience, prices are pretty reasonable, and they're a good group of guys.