Search results

1. M

Market value of a southern, but salvage title JSW?

So I'm eyeballing a '12 JSW with a salvage title. Always been here in the south. 90k miles. DSG :( Was totaled at 65k in 2019. All maintenance was perfection up to that point except I don't see the DSG service on the CarFax. It then mostly sat for about 2.5 years until the next mileage was...
  2. M

**SOLD** (FLORIDA) 2013 Sportwagen 6M No Sunroof, 70k miles, ~14 months warranty left

Hey all My change in jobs this last year has been giving me Sciatica/Piriformis problems and the manual trans just adds to my suffering. The recent job change is also only 11 miles with 8 lights in-between. I often have to drive 15-25 miles out of my way to get some good highway speeds to let...
  3. M

Chattering squeak from transmission side - Throwout bearing? *video added

Hi everyone 2013 Sportwagen 6MT, 64K miles, routine brake fluid flush about 6 months ago. Starting 2 weeks ago, I occasionally hear that shattering squeak from the transmission side when I am sitting in neutral with my foot off the clutch. If I depress the clutch, the sound will entirely silence...
  4. M

Did anyone buy one from a VW backlot? How long did yours take?

We are waiting to take delivery on the car and the dealership hasn't been the most communicative. I read that some of you looked through the storage lots of some dealerships and found your "special ride" you were looking for. Our was a '13 with 21k miles. It rolled off the transport truck last...
  5. M

"months since sSeptember" relative to the 1st of the month or the 15th?

Buyback is already scheduled for March 16th. If I bump it out to May, I get the extra $450 for mileage adjustment. Insurance is only costing me ~$70/mo, so I would net about $350 for waiting an extra month-and-a-half. Waited this long, why not a little more? Is the adjustment made from the...
  6. M

Need help with how to do long distance inspection (DC/Fairfax Area)

Has anyone ever tried to arrange a long-distance inspection from a small dealership? I know it's probably more suited to the "Other cars" sub-forum, but there's not a lot of people over there. I'm looking at an Infiniti up in Fairfax, VA. One owner, well-maintained, and was registered/serviced...
  7. M

Going to look at an 06 w/ 150k Miles. What issues should I look for?

I'm part of the buyback. Pano sunroof is leaking for the 5th or 6th time, so I'm taking the buyback just to get out of the car. A cheap older car would leave me with some significant spare change. Looking at an 06 w/ just over 150k on the clock. Looks VERY clean. Garage kept. Obviously, I'll...
  8. M

Any new info on what major stations still carry B5?

If I'm not mistaken, using B20 can just be another reason for VW to deny warranty coverage on CR 2.0 HPFP failures. Most of the stations around my area have been slowly migrating to B20. There are really only 3 high volume stations in town. RaceTrac, Shell, and Walmart. Walmart went to B20...
  9. M

First issue with Pano Roof. Covered by CPO warranty. :)

So after having the car for 2-3 weeks, we had a few light showers here in Florida. No big deal. I go fishing the next weekend, and find a hint of condensation on the inside of the back window. Look around and find maybe a cup or 2 of water in the trunk pan. Figured maybe my cooler drain leaked...