Search results

1. M

Market value of a southern, but salvage title JSW?

I plan to be working from home in the next 2-3 years, so I was looking for a beater to last me that long while I customize/rebuild my old Mitsu Diamante. Something that had already lost most of its value so I only need to throw some minor repairs at it. This car needs, at minimum, $600 timing...
  2. M

Car has a P0401 and P240F, but the DPF pressure hovers right around .1 PSI, so it doesn't look to be clogged. The EGR most certainly is, though. If going in to replace that, might as well do the DPF while you're in there. Interior is worn where the door trim pieces are peeling away from the...
  3. M

So I'm eyeballing a '12 JSW with a salvage title. Always been here in the south. 90k miles. DSG :( Was totaled at 65k in 2019. All maintenance was perfection up to that point except I don't see the DSG service on the CarFax. It then mostly sat for about 2.5 years until the next mileage was...
  4. M

**SOLD** (FLORIDA) 2013 Sportwagen 6M No Sunroof, 70k miles, ~14 months warranty left

Sorry got a bit busy. Autotrader and Facebook got some attention since Monday/Tuesday when I put them on there. I have someone coming down from GA tomorrow.
  5. M

**SOLD** (FLORIDA) 2013 Sportwagen 6M No Sunroof, 70k miles, ~14 months warranty left

It actually came from California, so it was out there at one point... 🤷‍♂️ Pics added above
  6. M

Hey all My change in jobs this last year has been giving me Sciatica/Piriformis problems and the manual trans just adds to my suffering. The recent job change is also only 11 miles with 8 lights in-between. I often have to drive 15-25 miles out of my way to get some good highway speeds to let...
  7. M

DPF failure data collection

Mine failed again! I'm quoting my last failure below. 66,800 miles 28,500 miles since last failure. Almost 2 years to the day. Dealership claims to have smoke-tested the boost side of the turbo's intake for leaking intercooler/piping. No leaks found to be causing it. I do use opti-lube XL at...
  8. M

Chattering squeak from transmission side - Throwout bearing? *video added

Thanks for the info on SMF. I mistakenly read years ago that SMF was hyped as being better. Here is the video. When i set the phone down, i go in the car and depress/release the clutch 4-5 times. It's actually being louder when the pedal is depressed today 😔 It usually gets quieter when...
  9. M

Central FL? 14 TDI sportwagen just out at lakeland Upick if you wanted anything

Did you spot a hitch on it? If it's only like $50, I might go pull it.
  10. M

Chattering squeak from transmission side - Throwout bearing? *video added

Hi everyone 2013 Sportwagen 6MT, 64K miles, routine brake fluid flush about 6 months ago. Starting 2 weeks ago, I occasionally hear that shattering squeak from the transmission side when I am sitting in neutral with my foot off the clutch. If I depress the clutch, the sound will entirely silence...
  11. M

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Pulled off the highway at the new Bucee's south of Macon, GA on Thursday. Sign said $2.97 but the pumps were $2.79!!
  12. M

If you had a choice: run fuel additive OR CP3 upgrade?

Are the 2Micron kits in production again? Where?!?
  13. M

What Problems Are You Having with Your Buyback Cars?

Pre-fix on my '11, they were happening once, sometimes twice a tank. About 400-500 miles. Post-fix with this '13, they're averaging 190-260 since I got the new DPF. I think mine might've been doomed by the original owner. 4 years and 25,000 miles. Just wasn't driven enough to burn it out and all...
  14. M

These cars didn't sit in Michigan for 2 years unless you live in that area. Check the carfax of pretty much any VW out there on autotrader and you'll see it was titled in Michigan during dieselgate. I think that's where VWoA headquarters are, so it was just titled as being there. Mine came from...
  15. M

DPF FILTER out of stock...anyidea on an ETA?

Same story here. 6-1/2 weeks until it was delivered to dealer. However, I was never given a loaner. :rolleyes: I tried to keep as many miles off of it as possible, but I think I put about 900 miles on it after the light came on.
  16. M

Update on mine: DPF came in after about 6-1/2 weeks. Dropped it off in the late afternoon and had it back by the next morning.
  17. M

Darn leaky sunroof

It took 2-3 phone calls fighting back and forth with the dealer to replace our headliner, but it was gross. Looked like a hat with all the sweat rings from years and years of not being washed
  18. M

Darn leaky sunroof

This is the reason I bought a non-sunroof one after the fix. It's pretty much the only reason we turned in our first one. I would've just taken the check for the fix. Our sunroof was serviced by the dealer about once a month for a whole spring-summer. It was horrible. Florida rain was so bad...
  19. M

My DPF died on me. It was so young.... so innocent 2013 JSW 6SPD MT 38,300 miles on car 9,800 miles post-fix Within a few weeks of buying the car in October, I noticed regens were happening about every 210-240 miles. Almost twice the frequency of our '11 that we turned in during buyback. Just...