Search results

1. R

A doozy coming up!

I've got Lancaster, CA. to Sedro-Woolley, WA. coming up in about a week (round trip! approximately 2300+ miles) for work purposes. This is a truncated timeline, where I'll be logging about 9+ hours in the saddle each day. I'll keep you guys posted...really curious to see the mileage when the...
  2. R

725 Miles for some free 18s :)

Just completed my first long trip in the Mark VII, 725 miles round trip from Lancaster, CA. to San Carlos, CA. Swapped wheels with Forum member rlt40 (Roger) this morning (my 16s/Continentals off my S for his 18s/Pirellis off his SEL). The mileage driving up blew me away...52 MPG, and this was...
  3. R

205/55R16 to 235/40R18 on a Mark VII?

Good Evening All: I've got a '15 Golf TDI S with the stock P205/55R16s. I'm wanting to go to an 18" wheel, and I know the OEM option is P225/40R18 (approximately 25.09" OD). Is anyone running a P235/40R18 (approximately 25.40" OD)? Any fitment issues? Any clearance problems with the front...
  4. R

FOR SALE!!! '15 Golf TDI Floor Mats (black)

I have for sale a full set (4) of Mark VII floor mats. They are black and came out of my car at about 1100 miles. Mats are like new. $40.00 (SoCal pickup) or $50.00 (shipped anywhere in the Lower 48). Russ
  5. R

FEELER: '15 Golf TDI floor mats

My WeatherTech mats should be in on Monday...just curious: would anyone be interested in scooping up a set of the OEM Mark VII floor mats? They're solid black and would have only been in my car for about 1000 miles. Let me know! Russ
  6. R

Lazy Saturday

So I had some time today to pop the undercarriage cover off and poke around under the hood. I'm pretty sure I found where the oil filter is (veteran TDI folk, please correct me if I'm wrong). It looks like the canister housing is directly aft of the radiator fan and shroud, right around center...
  7. R

FOR SALE!!! 2015 Golf TDI MDI/iPod Cable

Hello All: I have for sale a brand new MDI/iPod cable out of my '15 Golf TDI. The cable has never been used (I swapped it out for a MDI/USB cable instead) and is a VW OEM part. $25.00 if anyone wants it. I'll ship anywhere in the lower 48. Thanks! Russ
  8. R

CAF/Pollen Filter on Mark VII

Anyone change theirs yet? Where is it located? Behind the glove box? Alcove between the engine bay and windshield? Thanks! Russ
  9. R

Performance Exhaust for Mark VII

Any of you guys/gals with the '15 TDI Golfs: Have any of you swapped out your exhaust yet for something more performance oriented? Is there even anything out there for our cars yet? Just curious. I know you can't expect to get a huge amount of punch from a performance exhaust, but I like to...
  10. R

A couple of Mark VII ('15+) inquiries

Good Morning All: A couple quick questions on my new Golf (first time VW owner, as well). Moderators/Admin, forgive me if I posted this in the wrong spot...feel free to move at your discretion :) 1. Location of the oil filter on the vehicle (also, is it a canister or spin-on type)? 2. Location...
  11. R

Greetings, TDI Forum!

Greetings, TDI Forum! New to the Forum, so I thought I would post up. My name is Russ and I just picked up my new '15 VW Golf TDI S on Saturday. This is my first ever VW and I have to say I am LOVING this thing so far. I've had quite a few vehicles in my day (most recently came from a '14 Ram...