Search results

1. S

Golf key lock cylinders

Has anyone had any luck "unfreezing" the key lock cylinders on the drivers side door and rear Hatch? The key lock on the Hatch has never worked in the 10 years I have owned the car and in spite of regular lubrication the drivers door lock is now too stiff to lock or unlock. I am currently...
  2. S

external air temperature sensor ?

I was replacing the hood release cable and discovered what looks like a temperature sensor flopping around in the area below the drivers side of the plastic cowl. This is the plastic bit that runs across the the bottom of the windscreen that the windshield wiper drives come through. I had to...
  3. S

Hood release cable retaining clips

Would anyone here know where to find the plastic cable retaining clips that tie the hood release cable to the drivers side edge of the engine bay. There are 2 of them and while replacing the release cable the side of the clip that snaps onto the cable just broke off when I tried to remove them...
  4. S

BEW Injectors ... just wondering how they work?

I understand the the BEW Injectors are driven directly from the Cam shaft ...as opposed to a more usual injector pump ( as on my 1992 Ford with the 7.3 Liter IDI engine). I also understand the fuel feed to the injectors is pressurised by the PD dual pump at the end of the Cam shaft. In images...
  5. S

Coolant sensor retaining clip...

Anyone had the retaining clip on the temperature sensor fail? Mine just did and dumped all of the coolant onto the road. I was actually on a test drive after some repairs so I was watching the gauges closely and noticed the temperature drop from ~90 to 0 ... then the low coolant alarm came on...
  6. S

Turbo Oil Leak

Has anyone seen a Turbo leak oil from the joint between the two halves ? I have just replaced the high pressure oil line with a braided replacement and I am seeing oil leaking between the turbine and compressor sides. I have checked to see if the new oil line is leaking and it seems to be tight...
  7. S

EAA Engineering ... Real Company or just another Internet Scam?

Has anyone dealt with these guys? https://eaaengineering.com/ They claim to make stuff for various models of VW's ... mainly steering mods. I ordered a power steering return line for my BEW Golf (VW has obsoleted it) I got an automated response basically saying "Thanks for your $100 we will...
  8. S

BEW Golf Power steering return hose

Does anyone have any suggestions for a Power Steering Return hose replacement for a 2005 BEW Golf? Mine has corroded at the Banjo fitting end on the steering rack. The part is "no longer available" from VW or all of the usual aftermarket suppliers. The only possible replacement I could find was...