Search results

1. G

Buyback Sales Tax Offset in New York?

Thank you everybody for the responses so far. As mentioned, I have found that most states, with a few exceptions, are not treating the buyback as a trade-in. I was just hoping someone in NYS specifically had some input. Thanks again!
  2. G

Buyback Sales Tax Offset in New York?

Hello, I just completed my buyback and purchased a new car. I have searched the forums and internet generally and have not found any information about the issue of sales tax in New York. Has anybody filed for a sales tax refund for amount of sales tax paid on the new car minus the amount of...
  3. G

Gen. 3/EA288 Fix Questions

I am also very leery of any hardware fix. I can't picture it going well... --Greg
  4. G

Great! Thanks for the guidance. I was concerned that if the Gen. 3 fix is approved sooner rather than later, I may have to make the buy back/fix decision sooner than 2018. --Greg
  5. G

Thank you! I guess I am confused because the settlement agreement states that it will "Require the installation of the Second NOx Sensor and a new DOC or DOCs (if necessary to ensure compliant emissions performance for 150,000 miles)" --Greg
  6. G

Hello, I have a 2015 EA288 Passat and have some questions. Specifically, I am a bit perplexed by the "2 stage" fix proposed in the settlement agreement. My understanding is that the first stage of the fix will be just a software fix (increasing DEF usage?) and after accepting it I would...
  7. G

2015 TDI, ECU update for emissions

I had this done on my 2015 Passat a couple of months ago. The Service Adviser gave me the technical bulletin and it looks like it came out on 5/15/15 and is for the 2015 Passat, Jetta, Beetle and Golf. It is designed to address the following: "Deviation between the calculated and actual soot...
  8. G

2015 Passat and Regeneration Issue

Just some further information about the 23O9 update. The service manager gave me the technical bulletin and it looks like it came out on 5/15/15 and is for the 2015 Passat, Jetta, Beetle and Golf. It is designed to address the following: "Deviation between the calculated and actual soot mass...
  9. G

Yes, I went on a big road trip. I am hoping this software update helps. I wish I could get some more specifics on what the update actually does but I gather it is next to impossible to get that info. I also gather it is a 2015 only update so I guess not too many people are having it done...
  10. G

The service adviser did not tell me to be on the look-out for any new warnings. I would be happy if the DPF light just came on in advance of limp-mode so that I could drive a bit and deal with the issue. --Greg
  11. G

Just wanted to update this issue. So, now at about 5,700 miles, I encountered the same problem. Car went into limp mode with flashing glow plug and check engine light. No DPF light this time but when I took it back to the dealer they said there was a regeneration error as before. There was...
  12. G

Thanks a bunch everybody. I will be sure to take it for an extended highway spin at least once a week and hopefully I will never see this problem again. --Greg
  13. G

And just to clarify, it seems clear that the DPF light (solid) should have come on and given me a warning so that I could do some driving and clear it out. It seems strange to me to go immediately into limp mode with no warning. Am I right on this point? Thanks, Greg
  14. G

OK. Thanks for the input. It is not really a matter of fuel economy. I am just surprised that the car is brand new and broke down due to my driving style. I usually take long weekend trips but not always. In all of my research before buying, I gathered that short trips resulted in bad fuel...
  15. G

Hello, This is my first diesel car so please bear with me. I have a 2015 Passat TDI SE that I picked up in Dec. 14. It has 666 (?!?) miles on it. As I was driving my son to school, suddenly I had the following lights appear: Engine (solid), Glow Plug (Flashing) and DPF (Solid) along with...