Search results

1. Powerstroke9773

Correct Battery

I'v seem through some posts that there's a certain battery these cars require. The car I'm fixing for a guy needs a new battery and it's a old carquest battery. I just want to make sure I get the correct one. CCA etc. Or should I just carry it to Napa and have em give me the direct replacement...
  2. Powerstroke9773

AC capacity?

Did a search and could only find it for newer Jettas. Does anyone know how many of the small cans of R-134 I need to fill the system? All my Ford's and tractors have a sticker telling you but for the life of me I can't find it on this car??? Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  3. Powerstroke9773

Pricing question?

How much do you guys think it would run in a shop to have my front clip replaced. By that I mean the core support with radiator, ac condenser, and the whole frame. Also getting a hood installed and front grill. Any idea what the cost of this at a shop would be? Sent from my Moto Z (2) using...
  4. Powerstroke9773

Coolant filling question?

I'm working on a car for a guy that hit a deer. He destroyed his radiator so I swapped a new core with condenser and radiator in. Question is how long will it take the engine to fill with coolant it's barely taken any and temps right on at 190. It's been idling about an hour? When I did this to...
  5. Powerstroke9773

Milestone Achievement

I'm sure there's a post already for this but I was proud to share it with y'all! Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  6. Powerstroke9773

Boost question...

So driving recently my boost gauge is very slow to react once I release the throttle. And sometimes it just slowly creeps up when I'm off the throttle. So question is what actually sends vacuum to the turbo? I know the line that connects but it goes to a white device on the firewall if I'm not...
  7. Powerstroke9773

Question with CV axles?

So I'm about to do a complete refresh of the front end I already have done new struts and springs. I have the LCAs ball joints and wheel bearings. Question is I assume I may as well do the CV axles while I'm there but can you swap just the CV joint itself or do I need to buy complete axles? I'v...
  8. Powerstroke9773

Finally pics

Already posted this to the picture gallery but I'm in this forum more anyways. Thanks again Drucifer!!! Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  9. Powerstroke9773

Finally able to post pictures...

Here are a few pictures of my 2003 I just within the past 2 months swapped engines and got back on the road. Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  10. Powerstroke9773

1A Auto parts?

I gotta guy at work who bought the control arms for the MK4 Jetta it has both arms with ball joints for under 80 bucks. I'm not racing my car just daily driving and have also looked at reviews and haven't found a bad one yet. Sounds like a good deal to me. I love going through idparts but I...
  11. Powerstroke9773

Bringing long beaches back to life

I have a set of long beach VW wheels on my MK4 and two of them have some weird coating on them that's causing them to have a dirty look to them I'v cleaned and cleaned and they will not look clean. Imagine a smokers teeth who drinks coffee all day for 30 years look. My other two look amazing...
  12. Powerstroke9773

MK4 Jetta engine/trans and totaled 2002 MK4 for sale

Hello all... 1) engine and trans has 240xxx miles. I have a video of it running before it was pulled. Ran good except needs a timing belt and water pump. IT NEVER BROKE OR SLIPPED I just wanted to swap my engine from my totaled car vs do a timing belt in the old one. I also have cluster and...
  13. Powerstroke9773

After a few drinks...

As a few of you know I just got done swapping engines in my 2003 Jetta. Well I told the old lady if I couldn't sell the other engine and trans I'd buy one that slipped a timing belt and do a flip. You know fix all the small things such as paint issues, suspension, detail, interior problems, etc...
  14. Powerstroke9773

Are there any other modded TDIs in Eastern Carolina?

Hello I live in as the title states ...East of 95... I commute a hour and a half one way for my job and have never seen one other modded TDI. Just curious if there's anyone out there I always here about GTGs and things like that above the Mason Dixon line but never any talk around here. Also if...
  15. Powerstroke9773

McNally EGT/Boost Gauge Wiring Question

Another issue I'm hoping the fine people at TDI Club can help me out with. I researched how to hook up the gauge in my 2003 Jetta and found a w/u saying to wire the power and ground into the dimmer switch. Big mistake only works with headlights on now. Second issue is it only works sometimes as...
  16. Powerstroke9773

Issue with dash cluster resetting???

Good afternoon all, I recently swapped engines in my 2003 Jetta to the one I had in a 2002 that it totaled. Prior to the swap when I would start the car and very rarely intermittently the ABS and Brake light will flash and I will hear a warning chime 3 times also my Trip meter and my clock on...
  17. Powerstroke9773

Finally pulled the trigger on a engine swap

So after a loooot of reading here on the forum iv decided to finally swap my engines. I posted awhile ago when I totaled my old Jetta it has a lot of mods done to it and I didn't want to just trash it so I bought it back. In the meantime I purchased a 2003 Jetta TDI with a 5 speed. It's bone...
  18. Powerstroke9773

Engine Swap

So I posted a while ago after I totaled my 02 Jetta. Well I ended up buying a 2003 Jetta TDI and got the interior swapped over minus a few things now I'm trying to decide how to do the engine swap. I am going to do engine and transmission together the nuts and bolts part of it makes sense but I...
  19. Powerstroke9773

Glow plugs not working but no check engine light

As the title says I don't think my glow plugs are working as they light only stays on for a split second like after you've been running awhile yet it does this first thing in the morning. Secondly the check engine light was on fo the P0258 the coolant one well I replaced the coolant temp sensor...
  20. Powerstroke9773

New family member

I posted awhile back about totaling my car and got some really good advice from you guys on finding a new one I could take all my old performance parts from my old one and put on the new car. The new to me one is a 2003 TDI bone stock and it is a slug. I have my old 2002 with 520 race nozzles...