Search results

1. Powerstroke9773

AC capacity?

Yeah I did a full evac, vacuum checked everything and then refilled til my gauges we're reading right. I guess we'll see Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  2. Powerstroke9773

AC capacity?

If I'm watching my manifold gauges that's reading high and low side pressures what's dangerous about it? And that is what it took til everything read good on the gauges just under 2 cans. Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  3. Powerstroke9773

AC capacity?

Well funny story it doesn't matter now anyways. The only reason I like to know about the capacity is so I don't buy to many cans and waste em once their opened. Now the cans are self sealing. So no issue I just filled it up til it was good on my gauges and done deal. Sent from my Moto Z (2)...
  4. Powerstroke9773

Are there any other modded TDIs in Eastern Carolina?

Lol I was I'm tarboro this morning Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  5. Powerstroke9773

AC capacity?

I don't know why but that sticker is not on this car I'll have to check my other when I get home. Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  6. Powerstroke9773

Correct Battery

Ten four thanks ! Getting one today Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  7. Powerstroke9773

AC capacity?

Gentleman and a scholar sir Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  8. Powerstroke9773

Are there any other modded TDIs in Eastern Carolina?

Grew up eastern Carolina moved to VA beach for high school then military to Maryland back to eastern Carolina again thankfully. Oak City is the town although I'm sure nooooooo one on here knows where that is lololol Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  9. Powerstroke9773

Correct Battery

I'v seem through some posts that there's a certain battery these cars require. The car I'm fixing for a guy needs a new battery and it's a old carquest battery. I just want to make sure I get the correct one. CCA etc. Or should I just carry it to Napa and have em give me the direct replacement...
  10. Powerstroke9773

AC capacity?

Did a search and could only find it for newer Jettas. Does anyone know how many of the small cans of R-134 I need to fill the system? All my Ford's and tractors have a sticker telling you but for the life of me I can't find it on this car??? Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  11. Powerstroke9773

Pricing question?

So I had a whole other carrier assembly with radiator and condenser on it ready to go. Without A/C it took all of 45 minutes due to jacking and putting on jack stands. You are a VW certified mechanic right oilhammer? What's your take on pricing? Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  12. Powerstroke9773

Pricing question?

Thanks guys I appreciate it. Like I said just wanna make sure both of us are getting a good deal. Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  13. Powerstroke9773

Pricing question?

I was honestly thinking 500 bucks. I can't imagine it being under 1000 at a shop. And the hood I picked up at a junkyard perfect match. And it's all been easy stuff just little knick knack stuff. Does that sound fair Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  14. Powerstroke9773

Pricing question?

That's my thing he's a good guy I just want both of us to come out on top. The front clip was mine that I had from a parts car. The other.parts he's paying for Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  15. Powerstroke9773

Pricing question?

So that is the deal I got a guy that dropped his car off for me to do just this repair. Replace core support, new hood, new grill, new headlights, and fix his back latch that quit working. On top of charging a/c once completed. Also had some codes with one being a low boost so fixed that now...
  16. Powerstroke9773

Pricing question?

How much do you guys think it would run in a shop to have my front clip replaced. By that I mean the core support with radiator, ac condenser, and the whole frame. Also getting a hood installed and front grill. Any idea what the cost of this at a shop would be? Sent from my Moto Z (2) using...
  17. Powerstroke9773

Coolant filling question?

Ten four Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  18. Powerstroke9773

Ahh that makes sense. Well it ended up taking the coolant I guess the thermostat ended up opening. So I'll test drive it later and check it Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  19. Powerstroke9773

Amazing lolol alright well I got some other stuff to do first before I take it on a test drive but wanted to make sure the water pump wasn't running dry. And I will say it is slowly taking coolant just taking a while Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  20. Powerstroke9773

What does the temp need to be at for it to open? Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk