Search results

1. passatforbus

Aligning Toyota R150 Transmission

I second borrowing the slice. Worked like a charm
  2. passatforbus

Help: What is the bilstein hd strut# for my mk3?

I bought powerflex purple ones. They appear super tough..I don't forsee them ever warring out. Although the 2 bushings cost about as much as the koni pair of struts. $80ish. I can report higher road noise, those rumble strips on the centre line scared the crap out of me the first time I hit them...
  3. passatforbus

The new ps pump is in. A couple spring spacers in the rear to level it out. . Seems firmer in the front than stock. Not too hard. The old struts had no spring to them at all. Cornering is nice. As a DD I like it like this. If thease koni's only last a year I'll replace them with the...
  4. passatforbus

So the strut change was a piece of cake. .did it twice, due to putting the polly bushings on upside-down. Got the koni str-t's. I'll use thease until they get bilsteins in Stock. Problem- the poly strut bushings are WAY taller than stock. I like the lift but now I need to bring the back up...
  5. passatforbus

Just read that last one. ... Guess I'll just wait for January
  6. passatforbus

Daily driver, stock height. Rear sway bar and hd builsteins. Towing. Stage 2. 270,000mls.rebuilt motor. I won't replace any thing unless it's better than stock. Ever. On anything. Why refresh to stock? That's silly. We save so much money on fuel I've got to put it back into the car. My struts...
  7. passatforbus

Great stuff. Thanks for the info. Called builstein, they said backordered, wont have any out until feb. Called tire rack. They said yes they can get them. I asked to check and then they stood 3-4 weeks out, they ship from factory. I toold them what bilstein said, they said I'd better go...
  8. passatforbus

Ok, checked the tire rack site, they don't list the b6 for mk3. I'll get up with them tomorrow.
  9. passatforbus

Well. Looks like I'm up against the wall. The 35-043911, is backordered everywhere I call. Euro tuning, ECS Tuning, Ida parts, So I guess I have to go work something else. . Any recommendations
  10. passatforbus

Thanks for all the info. After reading what others have used, and not finding the reds any more. I read that people were adjusting the koni's allmost all the way up. And some stock replacements weren't lasting but a few years. Never read anyone replacing the hd's from worn out. Plus it's...
  11. passatforbus

ok i bought the 35-043911 from urotuning. good price too. along with all the fixings. ill let you know how it goes.
  12. passatforbus

BIL-35-043928 BIL-35-043966 these look like Sport struts. not HD's im running into multiple numbers for the HD's and they say they all fit. 35-043911 35-043959 35-181590 so i think im getting somewhere. pretty sure i want B6
  13. passatforbus

Please help,kerma, idparts, are not listing bilstein hd struts for this model any more. What is the part/model number for this strut? So I can buy it elsware. I've done some searching And found various numbers but nothing for certain. Also, if I could get my hands on some koni reds that would...
  14. passatforbus

Temp gauge overheating, intermittent reseting clock cluster power loss

Ok, I'll go after that thermostat too. It's kinda interesting how two similar milage cars are showing similar failures. I'd love to cut out the dummy temp gauge and put in a vdo. Wonder if there's a writeup on that.
  15. passatforbus

Haven't gotten the cluster out yet. I compared my ecu temp value to my other mk3, it reads 167degrees f after warm up. Why are the running temperatures 30 degrees different between the 2 cars. Could there be a 167 degree thermostat?
  16. passatforbus

New to TDI but not VW

Looks good
  17. passatforbus

Ok, talked to Derek. Gonna sender out.
  18. passatforbus

Update, driving to work. Cluster gauge raised evenly with ecu temp but 50 degrees + to what the ecu read. Ecu temp read 201 and held there for the hour ride with a max of 204 at acceleration.. (is this too hot? )
  19. passatforbus

To date replaced for this issue, all from idparts. Water pump, thermostat, temp sensor. Grounded wire from temp sensor. Now my cluster says max temperature and flashing Coolant light. My ecu reading coolant after warmup is steady at 197.6 Why is my clusteering acting up. Keyswitch seems ok...
  20. passatforbus

Kerma performance intake fs

Payment sent. This Will look great in my jeep