Search results

1. G

timing belt not that bad to DIY

just did my 120K mile service and changed the timing belt. Used the guide on myturbodiesel and theyoutube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAi667H7M2Y&list=PLjgwY1PHDbi_hOS1dcYn9b8ZpvEhNzuJm&index=24&t=84s the only problem I had was my engine support pulled the engine towards the...
  2. G

2011 JSW P0087 fault codes

no replies on the MK6 forum maybe someone here can help? Hi all looking for some advice - I have read all of the threads on this I can find and cannot figure out the problem. I have a 2011 JSW and am getting P0087 error codes combined with the flashing glowplug symbol and then the check...
  3. G

2011 JSW P0087 fault codes

Hi all looking for some advice - I have read all of the threads on this I can find and cannot figure out the problem. I have a 2011 JSW and am getting P0087 error codes combined with the flashing glowplug symbol and then the check engine warning lamp and the car goes into limp home mode...
  4. G

Hood liner 2011 sportwagen TDI

In case anyone is looking to replace their hood liner:) Over the past few years a variety of mentally deficient rodents have tried to nest in my hood liner. I decided to replace the original which was looking very tatty and falling apart. I found the cheapest original part was around $150 but...
  5. G

resetting RNS 315 radio

I cant find an answer in the search but hope someone else knows the solution. I have recently moved and need to set my new home address in navigation. I have followed the nav book procedure and changed the address and it just keeps reverting to my old home address. Anyone know any tricks I'm...
  6. G

rear fog light how to

Hi folks I have a 2011 sportwagen. I have installed front fogs using the info here and on myturbodiesel. I am having a problem figuring out how to do the rear fogs though. Can anyone point me to an actual article I can work from? I do have VCDS and from what I can see it should just be a matter...
  7. G

auto dimming mirror install - voltage help

Hi I am installing a gentex after market mirror following the instructions on myturbodiesel http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/auto-dimming-gentex-mirror-installation/ I have hit a snag though as my live wires seems to be at 25v not 12v. I checked with 2 meters and both say 25v. Also working...
  8. G

oil extractor technique

Probably a stupid question for all you VW guru's but I have not changed the oil on my TDI. I have a MityVac 7201 which works wonders on my mercedes. However on those the dipstick runs right to the bottom of the oil pan and you can just plug the big extractor tube into the top inch of the...
  9. G

service manual 2011 sportwagen TDI

Hi folks I have tried to search but not had much luck other than lots of references to the bently manual for the A5 jetta. What does everyone use as a service manual for the A6 series TDI's? thanks Barri
  10. G

diesel noob question

My first diesel - a 2011 jetta sportwagon - with the help of the wiki and the great threads I completed the 40K service with no problems - many thanks to all. while under the car doing the transmission I spotted the item in the pictures - It looks like it has a removable cap like the filters but...