Search results

1. S

Thoughts on Dana VW in Northampton, MA

My VW dealer (Sterling Volkswagen) in Abilene, Texas would not work on a Mercedes, because they were a VW dealer. That's it. Simple. A great dealership, BTW. As far as Dana goes, I took my Mother's 99 NB there for a transmission re-flash, and the car was good afterwards. No fuss, no muss.
  2. S

Oshkosh Wisconsin Airshow

Nice thought, but I think these are more likely to be the power units of choice http://www.thielert.com/ or http://www.wilksch.com/ or http://www.zoche.de/ In any case getting avgas out of the wings will do wonders for safety, and I would think, insurance costs as well.
  3. S

Civics Suck

May I ask what an 09 JSW 6MT is?
  4. S

Smog Checks on Diesels Starting in 2010 - What?

I disagree with further government interference with private citizens lives. It does, however indicate mainstream acceptance of diesels, so to me, the glass is half full- of diesel LOL
  5. S

Another South America trip...

Parabens seu viaje no Brasil foi divertido esta vez, cara! Ate mais
  6. S

My brother takes on a Camaro

Schweet! Spanked that gassers a$$!
  7. S

A3 tools

I've got some tools I don't need anymore- the Metalnerd A3 timing belt change set, http://www.metalnerd.com/cat03.htm and a vag-com connection cable. This constitutes everthing you need to change your timing belt (except for parts) Comes with free telephone tech support for the first use...
  8. S

VW Dieselution Tour

Their marketing department is so wrapped up in their idea of their own importance, they fail to imagine that they might just need to get out of the way, open the floodgates, and offer all their damn diesel cars here. What a concept!
  9. S

Oil Warning Buzzer on 98 Jetta

I put a gauge on mine when this happenedd, it never recurred
  10. S

Can VW Finally Find Its Way In America?

They are so screwed up you not only can't you cut and paste into their little window, you can't use the characters necessary to properly submit a url. Screw it.
  11. S

The truth about diesels

I guess people will still buy ridiculous performance. There is nowhere I can use 144 MPH (legally) as I live in the US. Sounds like fun, but you really start to push a lot of air at speeds above 80 mph, and it makes all this efficiency go out the window. I would prefer something enjoyable to...
  12. S

Never do this to a Jetta

The wing is what cracks me up. totally non-functional, and FUGLY!
  13. S

Northern Virginia Now Emision Tests Diesel Cars

How come Virginia is leading the way with these draconian, police state fines? That's absurd. When are people going to say screw it and revolt?
  14. S

Transmission Slips

First thought is to have it serviced
  15. S

Release date of new Jetta SportWagen TDI?

Not driving is the best choice, keeping the Suby and using it as little as possible would be best. Donate it to the local food bank! They would love it!
  16. S

Hold onto your A3 or cash out

You have to think of what the insurance company would pay you for it. How much? Bupkis! They would say it's worth $3,000! I would sell for that reason alone. How would you get the insurance company to acknowledge the market value of the vehicle in the event of a loss? I have another car and a...
  17. S

UOA Amsoil AMO 10W40

My A3 produces a consistent 2.9% soot at around 16K on the oil. 3% is the accepted, normal change point.
  18. S

VW Revives 200mpg car

I would buy it in a minute if they would sell me one. Just to say f*** you to big oil, GM, and anyone getting richER from petrosales. For now, I have to settle for my TDi and my 48mpg Ducati.
  19. S

oil pressure

How much oil pressure shoold this engine run? It gets 70 cold at speed and drops RAPIDLY to 35, once hot, it drops to 10psi at idle. Looks kind of low to me. I installed a gauge, because the car had a no oil pressure indication ONE TIME, but now the pressure seems low to me, I wish I had never...
  20. S

Seeking AC Answers for 98 Jetta

You may need to dig into them with a coat hanger, the got clogged up sometimes. Very annoying.