Search results

1. L

FS 2015 Passat paddle shifters and Kerma tuner

No. But I’m not entirely sure where it is at the moment. If you’re interested I can look for it.
  2. L

Bump. Open to offers, the parts are just sitting here begging to be used again.
  3. L

Speedo correction

Good point. I’m perfectly happy with it reading a little high as it’s designed. Reading low as it does now sucks though.
  4. L

Speedo correction

GPS. We knew the tires we were putting on were bigger and that the speedo would read low, just didn’t know how bad it would be. I’m familiar with German cars showing a few high and you just get used to it. Hers is about 5 LOW at 70.
  5. L

Speedo correction

Awesome. Thank you. I never searched vortex because last time I tried to read stuff on that site it seemed way to drama filled. Thanks again. Will be trying this soon I hope.
  6. L

Speedo correction

I forget the size difference but both cars are SEL so they have the 18s. Hers were pretty low profile compared to mine though.
  7. L

Speedo correction

I traded in my Passat a few weeks ago but before it went in we swapped the wheels/tires from the Passat to the GSW. She never liked how low profile the tires were on the GSW and how rough it rode. Anyways, the GSW SEL now has the Passat SEL wheels and tires and she loves them except that her...
  8. L

Traded the Passat in last weekend so the steering wheel with paddle shifters I installed (bought new from VW) is for sale along with the Tuner for Kerma. Kerma told me they would knock 150 off of the price of a new tune if someone already had the tuner. 100 for the Kerma tuner and 250 for the...
  9. L

New tune on the way.

There were a few updates along the way and the latest one from a while ago got rid of the shudder straight away. The car took a few hundred miles to adapt and fully shine, but it’s been quite a joy to drive.
  10. L

New tune on the way.

I’ve been quite happy with my Kerma tune. MPGs are quite a bit better on the highway as well. Not much else to say.
  11. L

New tune on the way.

To each their own I guess. I hate sport mode. Makes it act like a gasser and rev too high. Then again, I work on locomotives that have a redline of 905 rpm, lol.
  12. L

New tune on the way.

And this is where I feel the tune has shined the most. The nothing, nothing, oh crap here we go is gone. If the rpms are too low for the turbo to even function, I just drop a gear (which is where the paddle shifters really shine).
  13. L

New tune on the way.

Not even close to EGT limit. My guess is pulled back for lack of shudder.
  14. L

New tune on the way.

I’m not sure if the Malone tune worked the same, but it took until the first regency for the car to completely “wake up”. Up until the first regen it was pretty dead until 1800 or so and it now pulls nice from about 1400 in the lower gears. Feels like the torque is somewhat pulled back in 4th...
  15. L

New tune on the way.

I just wanted to talk about my new tune. Lol.
  16. L

2015 TDI SE GPS recomandation

The only true answer is the RNS-510 in my opinion. Any aftermarket setup is going to compromise the other car systems in one way or another. I tried with the Alpine ILX-107 and loved the radios functionality, but hated the integration in the car.
  17. L

New tune on the way.

Funny thing is how it keeps getting better. Felt smoother and better this morning than it ever has yet. Now that my kids are pretty much grown I travel a lot more for work so when I travel, my car sits at work and I drive a mercury mariner, lol. Sure feels nice to get back in the Passat after...
  18. L

New tune on the way.

I wish I could answer for you. I had noticible shudder with stage 1 originally and horrible shudder with the “beta” software he sent me. They honestly seemed hit or miss with email responses, but I’m persistent, without being too much of a jerk, and my issues were eventually resolved. They...