Search results

1. swetbak

WTB: 02J transmission for 03 TDI wagon.

I'm in SWFLA. Lost 1 & 2nd gears. Thinking my shifter fork broke. Or maybe someone close to rebuild.
  2. swetbak

Intermittent brake issue

Had been working on a soft brake pedal issue that was intermittent. So far replaced both rear rotors and calipers and bled lines multiple times. Also bled the ABS system, I think. (directions on when to press/lift pedal was not very clear to me). All has been well for the last month until...
  3. swetbak

WTB: MK4 wagon, rear driver side door, reflex silver

Looking for this door complete with auto windows.
  4. swetbak

2003 jetta wagon door

I'm looking for a rear door. Anyone know if other years are compatible?
  5. swetbak

WTB: rear driver side door, 2003 wagon

Looking for this door in reflex silver. Will travel in Florida.
  6. swetbak

WTB: Glass headlight lenses

Tired of refinishing my lenses. Looking for glass. 2003 Jetta.
  7. swetbak

WTB upgraded intercooler to race pipe piping

My plastic pipe is damaged and want to upgrade for better flow to the intake.
  8. swetbak

oozing fuel return lines

My fuel return lines from cylinder 1-2 and 2-3 were oozing. Not leaking at the connection, just oozing from the length of the hose. I replaced with new and they are doing the same thing. Is there a known issue about this, or just dumb luck?
  9. swetbak

Need labor estimate

Timing job with head replacement. I had help from a diesel mechanic acquaintance (garbage trucks not TDI). No major issues. I'd like to pay him half of what a reasonable indy shop would charge for labor (his idea). Thanks
  10. swetbak

IP lock

When doing a timing belt and head replacement, does the ip need to be locked at tdc?
  11. swetbak

window washer pump lines

I replaced my window washer pump and after reconnecting the lines that come from the pump, some leak like a siv. Are those clips that lock the lines one time use? I'm leaking at one line at the pump itself and one at the first connection after the pump. The connections are secure. The little...
  12. swetbak

Dyno today in SWFL

There is a portable dyno set-up at a diesel truck drag event in Punta Gorda today. $100 for 3 runs. Call or text me for details
  13. swetbak

Image test

14. swetbak

wtb: intake piping

I have an 03 with vnt 17 and stock IC. Looking for upgraded piping from air cooler to intake.
  15. swetbak

WTB: ALH intake piping

Looking for OMI, and upgrade piping from intercooler to intake.
  16. swetbak

WTB: Door panel

I need a front passenger door panel. Black leather interior w/ power windows that will fit 2001. Thx
  17. swetbak

Throttle response

I picked up an 03 Jetta, 5sp (145k miles) which has a big lag between shifts. As far as I know everything is stock, but I know the ip is new. Anyway, while getting more familiar with the condition, I notice that the rpm drops slowly when the clutch is released (pedal down). I don't know if this...
  18. swetbak

If anyone was curious..

.. about my handle.
  19. swetbak

What CEL codes are thrown with an EGR delete?

It seems like certain people attribute different codes to their EGR delete. I have a code P3130 (EGR Regulation Exceeded) that I attribute to mine. I've also seen P0401 (Insufficient EGR flow) attributed to others. Are there other possible codes? Are there really different codes regarding...
  20. swetbak

WTB: 01 Jetta Window Motor

Looking for a front passenger power window motor for a 01 Jetta. Part #1J1959802D