Search results

1. D

2005 Jetta TDI GLS Wagon - $2500

My beloved 2005 Jetta TDI GLS Wagon was totaled in a rear-end collision. Engine, transmission, and front end are all in great shape. YouTube link shows car start, run, drive forward and reverse. Many extras. In San Francisco. $2500. VIN WVWSR61J85W049492...
  2. D

TDI mechanic in SF?

Any recommendations for a mechanic in SF? Right now only need a control arm, but would like to have someone around to go to if the SHTF. Bummer Matt is gone. Thanks.
  3. D

All 4 CV boots - 2005 MK4 Jetta TDI BEW with Tiptronic

Hello. Full set - passenger and driver side inner and outer boots. Rein brand for OEM application. All are new in box and include grease, clamp, circlip, etc... I bought them optimistic that I could do a re-boot, but it turns out one axle was an aftermarket and the other one had a joint that...
  4. D

Dome lights dimming after a few minutes

Hi - I have done a full LED replace for all interior lights. I've noticed that if I sit with the doors closed and car off, the lights dim after a few minutes. I never tried this before the LED replacements. I am assuming there is a relay somewhere that cuts voltage after a period of time...
  5. D

Mk4 Webasto sunroof debacle

Hi all. I have a 2005 Mk4 Jetta TDI GLS Wagon with the OEM/factory (Webasto type) sunroof. I developed the dreaded sunroof rattle. I took it all apart and found that the horribly designed plastic clips that connect the water channel to the rail runners were loose in their fitting, and also not...
  6. D

Monsoon radio from MK4 free if you pay shipping

Hi - pulled the Monsoon radio from my 2005 Mk4 Jetta TDI GLS wagon. I bought my car used and there does not seem to be a sticker for the radio codes in the car anywhere. If you can figure out how to make this radio work in your car you can have it for free, I will charge you $30 for shipping...
  7. D

CEL 300 code transmission

Hi. My 2005 Jetta wagon with 5 speed auto trans threw a CEL, hooked up the RossTech and got 2 codes. Regarding the transmission code, car runs like a champ, no shifting issues or any other problems. Regarding the airbag issue, read elsewhere that this code does not trip the CEL so it can't be...
  8. D

2005 MKIV Jetta 25-32mg :(

Howdy. MkIV 2005 TDI wagon 156k, bought it at 153k. Runs like a top, starts right up, idles silk smooth, pulls solid on SF hills and does 90mph with 2 kayaks on top. Running mostly biodiesel, though the last 3 tanks have been Propel renewable diesel, which is not biodiesel but real ASTM...
  9. D

FS: Bilstein Sport / Eibach lowering kit for MKIV

This is a used full suspension set off of a 2005 VW Jetta TDI GLS Wagon. This is a performance suspension/lowering kit. I bought the car used, the former owner had lowered the car, and I wanted to actually raise the car for driving on fire roads etc... There is nothing wrong with these parts and...
  10. D

Lower intercooler hose leak

Had a shop install the Dieselgeek full metal jacket. About 5 miles after picking it up, developed a loud turbo leak/hiss, from the passenger side wheel well. I have already done the dog collar upgrade for the upper hose. Called the shop and confirmed that they had removed the lower hose when...
  11. D

Mystery aftermarket suspension, ESP

Howdy. This forum is amazing and I've been reading for weeks as I take the plunge away from my '82 Mercedes 300D and into an '05 Mk4 Jetta TDI GLS wagon. The car runs very low to the ground. About 4" clearance from the lowest part of the undercarriage (rear suspension component). Factory...
  12. D

How to inspect a timing belt and determine its age

Howdy. Long time Subaru and Mercedes 300D owner/wrencher have been reading this forum for weeks and have taken the plunge on a 2005 Mk4 Jetta wagon with 153k. Carfax shows dealer service at regular intervals. No mention anywhere of a timing belt. I called the dealer that serviced the car and...