Search results

1. R

Will not honor extended warranty

Wachovia has decided to not honor your warranty and are playing wild and loose with an exclusion clause which only applies if you execute a buyback. If you haven't done that, they are still on the hook for the turbo. Turbo failure has nothing to do with the VW emmisions issue and if you took...
  2. R

Previous owner restitution during buyback

What you seem to have is a personal problem between you and who sold you the car. That has nothing to do with the EPA, CARB, of VWofA. How you settle it is between you and them alone. If they did you such a great favor selling you the car, the classy thing to do would be to do something nice...
  3. R

Turning in with either an ECU or DSG tune

Tunes are sold to a specific car and are not interchangeable. Same thing with a totaled car. You can't just move it to a replacement. You have to buy it again. Sunk cost.
  4. R

Previous owner restitution during buyback

I don't get the cause of the dispute. The rules of the settlement are clear and VW paid out according to the rules. If you have sold a car back, you should have a copy of those rules. None of us can tell you if they are entitled to anything because you haven't shared any info helpful to...
  5. R

Is any one keeping their TDI

Keeping mine for now because I can't think of anything I would want to replace it with. Any financial benefit of selling is small, won't have a significant meaning to my bottom line, and is more than offset by my personal satisfaction in owning the car. If I had a pre-DEF CR, I think I would...
  6. R

No more Diesel for US from VW

Nope, but you seem to be.
  7. R

We were not dumping into the water, it was in the rain water run off due to insufficient preventative barriers and I rather not say what it was.
  8. R

Nor do you have any way of determining that cooperation would've helped or not. I have worked for two corporations who have violated state and federal environment laws and were caught. Our cooperation did affect the outcome. In the first case, the state waived the fines due to our cooperation...
  9. R

The magnitude of Volkswagen's fine is largely due their continued deception after being caught. They were approached by CARB and the EPA a year before the scandal broke. If they would've dealt straight with them then, it would've impacted the fine. Even after the scandal broke, they kept the...
  10. R

60 VW TDI Diesels on Back Lot Not For Sale Yet

You can ship a non-certified car to the US all day long. They simply can't leave impoundment of some sort and be sold until certification or some clearance occurs. So yes, there could be 2016 TDIs here on the ground. VW probably built and shipped them with a application of certification on...
  11. R

Who's keeping, who's selling?

Staying for now. My 15 Golf SEL w/ lighting, manual, and driver assist was hard enough to get the first time. Finding something I rather have is too tough although the Alltrack is tempting. Maybe I'll pick up a GSW 4motion as a spare in a year or so.
  12. R

2018 Chevy Equinox gains an optional diesel

Just as automakers are getting into the diesel game a little more seriously, VW is getting out. Too bad. A diesel Tiguan or Allroad would be nice about now.
  13. R

Official list of HPFP Failures

Don't go by what someone says or what you think you heard. Read the settlement documentation.
  14. R

Official list of HPFP Failures

You seem to be misinformed or operating under some misconception. It is completely inmaterial what the dealer says. They were not in the room when VW negotiated with the EPA and CARB what the settlement will and will not be. There is even a warning issued by the FTC warning owners NOT to be...
  15. R

Sold TDI Prior to Scandal - Get Nothing

I would love to hear how you were harmed economically.
  16. R

Sold TDI Prior to Scandal - Get Nothing

And VW is apologizing to the person who owns the car and is suffering damages because of their actions. Financially, you were free and clear. You were wronged but did not suffer any financial damages. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't care because it's over and done. No need to lament...
  17. R

Long Crank After Rain

I had one extended crank in 20,000 miles and I suspect it is result of the lift pump function in the fuel tank or the HPFP. I think it's the lift pump because I had similar issues with a TSI engine I used to own. It was spurious and the dealer could not find a problem.
  18. R

Received goodwill on used tdi

Ethics, honesty, and integrity are things to be taught in the home. If you don't have a baseline by the time you go to school, it really does matter what happens in school. Quit blaming schools. Their job is to educate, not raise children. Schools have to spent too much time dealing with...
  19. R

Manual Transmissions

Nor was it stated as such.
  20. R

Wow! My car's value dropped like a rock... what to do? Help!

Yet being angry accomplishes what? It doesn't drive the value up back up. It doesn't make the cars any more compliant to EPA and CARB requirements. It won't keep someone from hitting your car. If someone totals your car and your insurance reimbursement is poor, that is a good time to be angry...