Search results

1. SuperJ

$5 FIX mk5 EGR cooler diverter leak (hissing)

Are you trying to match your N75 duty cycle to actuator position? I don't think that's possible. Your vacuum readings sound spot on for open and close (if you were hitting full close stop (high N75 duty cycle) at less than 18" then it would seem like you should shorten the shaft. If you run...
  2. SuperJ

Replacing thermostat - 2006 Jetta BRM

I did it without removing the alternator years ago on my BRM. Stock stat always ran 10C to cold.
  3. SuperJ

2006 Jetta TDI hesitation

Adjust it to around an 80mbar difference (make sure the car is fully warmed up and the AC is off). Maybe check your vacuum on the VNT actuator line during the test too. Restrict is kind of the wrong word for the zip tie fix. It actually forces the rest position of the vanes to a slightly more...
  4. SuperJ

what to use for anti-gelling

My 2006 gelled once. Had to sit by the roadside for a day until it was warm enough in the afternoon to start. It's not cold cranking that's the problem, it's that gelled fuel doesn't flow thru the fuel system.
  5. SuperJ

Any interest in a summer weekend GTG in Ontario?

Wish I had a TDI still... Sounds like a good time.
  6. SuperJ

Mk5 Koni Yellow (fronts only), and spring set (all 4)

SOLDSOLDSOLDSOLDSOLD. I sold my Jetta before I had a chance to install the front Koni Yellows and spring kit. I did test fit the rear springs but removed them right away due to ground clearance issues with my hitch mounted bike rack. Drive and Passenger side Front Koni Yellow Struts (for MkV...
  7. SuperJ

2006 BRM with a couple issues, hiccups and stalling

Thanks, I'll look into the grounding. Is there an obvious ground wire to inspect first?
  8. Boost Problems

Boost Problems

2006 BRM boost fluctuations cruising
  9. SuperJ

a couple more control modules faults: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Address 42: Door Elect, Driver Labels: 1K0-959-701-MIN2.lbl Part No: 1K0 959 701 K Component: Tuer-SG 024 2377 Coding: 0001269 Shop #: WSC 00066 000...
  10. SuperJ

Troublecodes: Monday,18,February,2013,14:57:52:22149 VCDS Version: Release 11.11.5 (x64) Data version: 20121222 Address 01: Engine Labels: 038-906-016-BEW.lbl Control Module Part Number: 03G 906 016 AC HW: 028 101 223 9 Component and/or Version: R4 1,9L EDC G000DG...
  11. SuperJ

Trying to help troubleshoot my father's 2006 BRM DSG. He has had it stall completely twice, and refuse to start. Then a couple hours later it started without issues. Both times were after at least 10-15minutes of driving in below freezing conditions. A second issue is the car hiccups every...
  12. SuperJ

Koni Yellows MkV stock springs, how to set?

I guess that's what I'll have to do. I've already narrowed it down to the first 50% of the adjustment range. It's a pain to pull the shocks off and remove the bump stops to adjust but getting it dialed should be worth it.
  13. SuperJ

Koni Yellows MkV stock springs, how to set?

I bought the Koni Sport kit (yellows with springs that lower just over an inch). But found the lowering wasn't really compatible with my trailer hitch and driveway. So I'm back to stock springs with yellows. Since the rear shocks are a pain to adjust, what would the suggested setting be with...
  14. SuperJ

Sustained Boost

My BRM is always running in the 5-8psi range on the highway and still gets 5.3 to 5.6 L/100km. I'm at 220,000km no problems. Blocking my egr contributed to 3-4psi of the steady boost. I guess without the EGR all the exhaust has to go out the turbo and builds more boost.
  15. SuperJ

Rotella T6 on sale a Cdn Tire

Got 2 jugs of T6 today. Switching from Mobil TDT (too expensive). Might go back tomorrow and scoop up a couple more since the price is right.
  16. SuperJ

EGR Fix rather then replace ?

Mine is blocked. Removed the cooler. If anyone wants a functioning cooler I'd sell it.
  17. SuperJ

Top Speed 05.5/06 Jetta TDI

I've seen 220km indicated.