Search results

1. J

Gas Mileage: What my TDi says, vs reality

I signed up when we bought the 2011, but never came here much because the car ran so well, so I never had any questions. Okay, I'll search for VCDS, but I suspect it will show up alone most of the time, without explanation. Okay, got it: VAG-COM Diagostic System (or Software.)
  2. J

I signed up when we bought the 2011, but never came here much because the car ran so well, so I never had any questions. Okay, I'll search for VCDS, but I suspect it will show up alone most of the time, without explanation.
  3. J

Dash Warning: Oil Sensor! / Service Vehicle ???

I found all 3 sizes of these very nice butt splices at: http://www.4130-products.com I checked out your source, but didn't see the wires or the butt splices. Thanks for the link.
  4. J

The jury is in, and the verdict is.... Rodent Damage! The oil level sensor wires had been chewed. I didn't get to see the actual damage. They showed me a photo that showed sections of the corrugated black cover chewed away. I could not see what had happened to the wires underneath. If I can...
  5. J

What I see, on both of the 2015s that I've had is an error of more like 20%. That's when the car says 60 mi/gal but the actual number comes out to 50. Okay, revealing my ignorance, what is VCDS?
  6. J

I've had 3 TDi wagons, a 2011 and 2 2015s. The 2 2015s were both purchased from a VW dealer after a Dieselgate buyback and modification. For decades, I've kept a log of every fuel fillup, on every car I've owned since my '62 Beetle, so I could calculate gas mileage. I've always found this to be...
  7. J

Okay, thanks, that's enough to tell me that I could do this at a friend's shop if I was home, but I'll be taking it to a dealer this morning, since I'm on the road now. I'll report back when this is fixed, to tell everyone the rest of the story.
  8. J

Yes, it's still under the CPO warrantee, but that means taking it to a dealership that doesn't know me and there's that pesky $50 deductable. Yes, it's full. No, it's not overfull No, no biodiesel recently. I take it that none of you are able to answer any of my questions. :confused:
  9. J

2015 TDI Golf Sportwagon 2.0 L turbo diesel, DSG tranny ~37,000 miles Certified Pre-Owned from VW after DieselGate mods We're on a trip and this morning, after a few thousand miles of trouble-free driving, I got this warning when I first started the engine: Oil Sensor! Service Vehicle Above...
  10. J

Radio Volume Changes Itself

We had a chance to test this a couple days ago. The volume came up blasting when I turned the key on, but there was no change when I shifted the DSG into either R or D. Once the car moved, however, the volume instantly returned to its previous setting. I have to agree with the previous post that...
  11. J

Thanks for all the responses. I had not thought of this being related to the speed sensitive volume or being in R or D. When we notice the problem it's always that the volume comes on really loud, so we turn it down right away. I'll try to remember to shift into D or R right away next time, to...
  12. J

2011 Jetta SportWagon TDI DSG When we get in the car and start up, the radio sometimes comes on at a much different volume level than we left it when we last drove the car. It's usually much louder. The car is now ~4 years old and this didn't happen for most of the first 3 years. I've wondered...