Search results

1. unitacx

Was the TDI Club forum hacked?

Not likely in this case, for a number of reasons. That email to 50 closest friends thing, with a email addresses visible is ... well, I'm sure I've put several people off by asking that they don't do that. It's an invitation for the email address to be harvested by the first email virus to be...
  2. unitacx

This should be obvious, but users should be advised to identify any account with the same or a similar password. It's not difficult to find the identity of anyone here unless they took special precautions to remain in "deep cover", and so it's just a matter of time before this scammer or...
  3. unitacx

Yes. I got 2 "extortion" spams dated 22-Nov-18. Both used the spamgourmet address used for TDI club and both showed the then-current password. (I never changed that password, so in theory, this could have dated back to 8-2009.) Pro-tip for scammers: If you purchased a list of accounts and...
  4. unitacx

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

OBD2 ports and owner compliance Actually any locking case would work, given the common availability of "grinding wheels". The problem is that the dealer's shop would normally access the OBD2 port for work unrelated to flashing the ECU. I am wondering if: VAG will pressure owners to have the...
  5. unitacx

Fuel additive poll

small amount of gasoline? I have a question for you guys... With my 123 MBZ, when the fuel gelled, I was successful in adding a small amount of gasoline. By "small" I mean perhaps 8 oz, which can be obtained by squeezing the residual fuel in gasoline pumps into an empty quart oil container...
  6. unitacx

Interior upgrade - leather shifter

My old shift boot was starting to show more base fabric than vinyl, so to ebay for a "genuine leather" shift boot... This is for A4 chassis, but should fit other models with clamp-below-shift knob arrangement. It's not as utilitarian as a timing belt change or even a vent hole in the radiator...
  7. unitacx

Aftermarket Radio Antenna Signal Boosters...

The OEM Fuba antennas have an amplified base (and a continuous-loaded antenna mast). If your FM is sub-par, then the circuitry is corroded. I don't know if there is an AM pre-amp or not, but if there is, the AM would probably have the same problems as the FM. My best guess is that corrosion...
  8. unitacx

World Impex?

First, what shows up on the webpage is what is on the database. That shows the new entity has the old website working again. As to the past payments this suggests that, at least those who have credit card orders, people are not left in a lurch. Disputing the charges may be a PITA, but if...
  9. unitacx

World Impex?

... is almost suggestive that people who made actual purchases under the old World Impex would be left hanging. I doubt anyone would do that, but the new owners should make it clear in their public statement, in order to reassure people they aren't going to be scammed or something.
  10. unitacx

Various Jetta Golf Parts -(chico, northern CA)

Do you have the rear cupholders? Also the center console cupholders?
  11. unitacx

help!!! third stop

Well, the only reason I looked at this thread was because I wanted to make sure those 18 bulbs were LEDs, which obviously they are. Someone calculated that LEDs turn on 17 ft. / 5 M faster at 60 MPH (80 kM), so having an LED high brake light provides that 17 ft. / 5 M of safety. (Since the 3rd...
  12. unitacx

Seat belt alarm disable

Why is fastening the seatbelt after starting the car a safety issue? Or for that matter shunting the car without the belt or running the engine without moving the car? As a case in point, Probably. Apparently the sound of the chime makes one safer. I suppose one could associate this with...
  13. unitacx

Battery Options

Some Golf (and presumably Jetta) TDIs list Group 47 for US delivered vehicles. 2002 does, although Group 94 fits.
  14. unitacx

Seat belt warning

Perhaps, but it seems consistent with the model years according to various posts, especially 2002 and maybe 2003. This may be an error in software. I'm pretty sure the chime could be turned off by fastening the seat belt before turning the ignition key. There are only 2 microswitches, one of...
  15. unitacx

Seat belt warning

I put up a HOWTO for 2002+ models is here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=3223422&postcount=5
  16. unitacx

Seat Belt warning sound

After that doesn't work (i.e., if the chime stays on), you would have to find the wiring. Fortunately, the airbag module is probably separate, and probably still uses separate microswitches in the seat belt buckle. PLEASE CHECK WITH BENTLEY TO BE SURE! You would have to find the equivalent...
  17. unitacx

Seat belt alarm disable

Yes. Your car is a 2002+ with side curtain airbags. (I'm not sure if some '02s were delivered w/o side curtain airbags, but my '02 has them.) I put up a HOWTO for 2002+ models is here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=3223422&postcount=5
  18. unitacx

disabling seatbelt chime, 2010 Sportwagen

You would have to find the equivalent wires in Bentley for 2005+, but I wrote a HOWTO for 2002+ (actually 1999.5+, but those can be soft-coded), at http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=3223422&postcount=5 Unless VW figured out a way to combine the airbag module with the instrument module...
  19. unitacx

MKIV - Remove/disable seat belt chime

That's true in the case of a '99.5, '00 and probably '01 and '02 without side curtain airbags (if they exist). '02 with side curtain airbags and probably later, the chime remains active. The door functions are independent of the chime, and if the chime is active, it will remain active with the...
  20. wires_under_seat

wires_under_seat

seat belt chime connections