Search results

1. R

2005.5 Jetta Driver Door Harness (Longer)

Yes, I do know that there is a My Turbo Diesel explanation of this issue. To recap, the initial A5 harnesses have an issue that they are too short I believe, so the wiring frays and breaks. It leads to all kinds of problems with the wiring in the door. Enough said about that. Anyway, I...
  2. R

2006 TDI Weird Issue to Me...

Got it! Thank you!!!
  3. R

FS: 2006 Jetta TDI Package 2

Transmission was also rebuilt within the last 500 miles. It was slipping.
  4. R

Thank you, that's great information. I don't take that plug out, just loosen it?
  5. R

Thank you, I'll try the test port. Does the car have to be running when undoing the test port? Or just the key on? Do I open it up or do I open and close it quickly? Sorry for all the questions...haven't done this one before.
  6. R

Thank you. dtrvler, we did all those. We sucked out the gasoline out of the tank, cleaned that tank, then got fuel into the lines. Changed filter, so pretty much followed that path you cite. The ONLY thing not done was the bleeding at the tandem pump! Could there be an air bubble in there...
  7. R

I don't know what it could be but my friend states that when he plays with the fuel lines, he can get it started...wondering if those lines should be exchanged?
  8. R

Good points. I think it dies when it is at a light...have to check with the driver. Yes, definitely cranks but won't start. Sounds like fuel issue but not sure what else it could be...probably related to the misfueling but...what?
  9. R

Yes, replaced that tandem pump. Issue has remained, but would the tandem pump cause something like this? Not doubting, just asking. Thank you for the response!
  10. R

The car was accidentally filled with gasoline. The corrective steps were to tow it home from where it stopped. (Car was loaned to someone who thought they were doing a good deed by filling it up after use). Fuel evacuated from tank and filter. New filter followed by new fuel pump, followed...
  11. R

FS: 2006 Jetta TDI Package 2

A friend of mine bought this car for his mother. It is the upmarket package with intact leather seats in tan, the MFD+ display, multifunction steering wheel, climatronic and I believe puddle lights among other things. The car has 169,533 miles on it and has had a timing belt job done with new...
  12. R

Timing Belt Question/Longevity/Dealer Code Words

Well, I did not get any records with the car...typical expected dealer purchase.
  13. R

Timing Belt Question/Longevity/Dealer Code Words

I am going to put my Mark V up for sale. It now has 155572 miles on it. No, this is not a for sale ad. My question revolves around the timing belt. I bought the car about a year ago and did some minor work. It had 143,000 miles on it at that time. I did not get any information on the...
  14. R

GLI black interior leather, regular leather front seats, 2006+

I've been trying on various leather interiors in my MV TDI. I've finally settled on a red Katzkin interior over GLI foam. I have also been trying out various seat frames with and without power. What I have is GLI leather in black that is in excellent condition, front and rear. This is a fairly...
  15. R

GLI Leather and two Regular Leather Steering wheels

I have three steering wheels, all leather. All three have been refurbished, meaning that the worn leather has been repaired, redyed and recoated. One is a GLI wheel without paddles. It has the flat bottom. The other two are standard leather wheels. They have thumb indents above the horizontal...
  16. R

want to get aftermarket projector headlights for 2006 Jetta

Why not contact Freakwitharacket I think is his name here. Midwestlight.biz or the name of the business is Midwest Light Creations. He built MkIV, MkV, Jeep Liberty and sourced some HID's for my Jeep Wrangler. Or, do you mean the projectors with LED lights?
  17. R

Issue:Fuel Pump Resealed/No Start

We hit a symptom at the end where there was no fuel getting to the injectors at all and the pump was certainly bled much more than we bled the replacement pump. In answer to the other question in terms of the old pump, I will see what its worth as a core. I'm not going to open it up :) Ralf
  18. R

Issue:Fuel Pump Resealed/No Start

I wanted to close this one out. Thank you for all the help trying to diagnose this. What ended up happening is that I called a friend who came over. He knows his stuff. Immediately said that the o-ring on the pump head must have been installed incorrectly leading to internal damage. Some...