Search results

1. P

Rattle noise/vibration noise/random dragging noise in engine bay— passenger side drive axle shield loose. Fixed.

Sometimes I fail at search on here. TLDR type thing. Anyway. My wife drive the 2015 golf tdi. She had mentioned a rattle vibration noise a little while ago and I have been keeping an eye and ear on it. She said it got worse so I took a ride yesterday. I usually don’t drive this car. I...
  2. P

Flashing yellow glow plug light P2102/P2101 in pending dtc

I left it in the pending dtc as it sat, and didn’t clear anything. Has been business as usual since. No more flashing glow plug light. Normal check engine light didn’t come on at all. Drove it last night and today and nothing. Piece of soot prevented it from closing? I’m gonna do an output...
  3. P

Flashing yellow glow plug light P2102/P2101 in pending dtc

Gentlemen, 2015 tdi golf. At the very end of a 2 hour trip today, the glow plug light started flashing as I pulled into my driveway. Car is running normal. No abnormalities. Bust out vcds and find pending dtcs: Address 7e8: 2 fault codes found -p2102 throttle actuator “A” control motor...
  4. P

Oil leak from passenger side. Problem yet?

The long block has a 160k/11 year warranty. The dealership will likely tell you it is not covered right off the bat. You can kindly remind them. If they need help, they can call vwoa and a rep will help them out. At a glance, I would say that if you have not modified your vehicle, that front...
  5. P

Is vaico an oe supplier to VW?

^^^ It is very unfortunate. I picked up the part from another source which had the vw symbol buzzed off for aftermarket. Luckily the check valve has Germany embossed on it. That was good enough for me.
  6. P

It appears Vaico is not an OE supplier to Vag. Just an aftermarket company with corporate headquarters in Germany. I ordered up the Vaico part I needed, says made in Germany, but the physical part arrived having a made in China sticker on it….. it is being returned today.
  7. P

Hi Gents, Does vaico supply the VW factories Volkswagen branded parts. Says made in Germany so I figure they may be an oe supplier. Or are they straight aftermarket?
  8. P

Time for e brake cables

It was definitely the cable. Had a ding in the bottom of the passenger side cable. I pulled the cable off to watch the caliper return just fine. Once I got the cable off it had a tight spot in it. Boot was torn in that side for a long while too. Surprised it lasted this long.
  9. P

Time for e brake cables

Got it in and done tonight. Used the flashlight like you suggested. I used some suspension seal grease on the end of the tube. Slipped right in. Thanks for your help.
  10. P

Time for e brake cables

There looks like there is a plastic cross cut tube up there. Is the rubber grommet at the end of it? Do I just line it up with that and push hard? Heat shield is in the way so flying in the dark.
  11. P

Time for e brake cables

Okay. Passenger side rubber snapped off in tube. I pulled the tube out so I can drill out the rubber. Now can’t seem to get the tube back into the hole up under e brake handle. Off to thanksgiving dinners. Any tips to get the tube back in? Tried fishing a weed wackier string down in, but...
  12. P

Time for e brake cables

Thanks for the replies gents.
  13. P

Time for e brake cables

Hey gents, Passenger parking brake cable on the mushroom (2004 bew golf) has started to hang up. Any preference of gemo over febi or febi over gemo for cable replacement. I think both are used as or suppliers. I like to keep her as German and original as possible. Also wanted to see if...
  14. P

2015 tdi golf oil leak

At their request, they cleaned it all up, and put dye in the oil. Drive for 500 miles and return. TBH this car has been having oil accumulate in that passenger rear corner since I took delivery. I thought it was the sound deadening material under the oil pan at first since that likes to soak...
  15. P

2015 tdi golf oil leak

***Update*** upper oil pan still leaking at same spot. This has been fixed twice now (allegedly). First time the dealer fixed it, it leaked worse than it did from the factory. This will be the third attempt. I just told the dealer they should check the upper pan to see if it is out of square...
  16. P

Upper oil pan leak

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/15-gsw-crua-oil-pan-gasket.523028/
  17. P

Discounted TDI oil locator thread

Castrol edge 5w30 LL has been discontinued by Castrol according to the Castrol customer service department. New product rolling out is…. Castrol euro car 5w30K. It will carry the vw504/507 approval. I assume that’s why it’s out of stock most places.
  18. P

Whack-A-Mole headlights

one headlight is newer than the other. Just odd they both started acting up within a close time frame. so you guys are saying the conductor itself breaks? If and when this happens again. I’ll stick a meter in there and touch the lamp pin and see if it is getting 12v with the headlight switch on.
  19. P

Whack-A-Mole headlights

2004 golf…. So a few months ago, I noticed the passenger low beam was out. High beams both work. Figure, hey it’s probably the lamp. Pull it out. Lamp is good. Put it back in. Low beam works again. ???? fast forward a month or two. Drivers low beam does the exact same thing. Fix...
  20. P

Fuel flap fun

Thanks for confirming. I’ll pull the carpet and unplug.