Search results

1. V

2004 vw auto tip tronic issue

hi guys I have a 2004 vw Jetta with a5 speed auto my issue started in the winter time . it does have a 2-3 shift code car shifts fine hot but will not shift cold which is odd but im looking as to wear I can get they shift solenoid at a decent price car has 550000 km on it so she got lots of...
  2. V

2000 to 2006 transmission ?

thanks guys
  3. V

2000 to 2006 transmission ?

are they the same or different transmission broke my 06 trans both are manuals 5 speeds just wonder if they can be swapped or not thanks .:D
  4. V

Starting Problem

you will need a scan tool look at cam rpm and then look at crank rpm. im betting more of a crank position problem . most cam sencers read tac signal as wear crank is used to fire injectors .
  5. V

My new 2003 Jetta TDI motor is chirping...

Just so every one is on the same page new parts can and do fail I'd be worried about a water pump I'm thinking the new power steering belt might just be stretched a little also look at your pulley for wear. They do wear out dust and dirt are hard on things
  6. V

5 X 100--> 5 X 112 wheel spacers/adapters

K 140 and I buy the ride.
  7. V

http://m.ebay.com/itm/4-25mm-Wheel-Spacers-Adapters-Converts-5x100-Vehicles-to-5x112-Wheels-/261516655811?nav=SEARCH Hear ya go
  8. V

Not being a dick ebay sells them for 89-100 $ just saying if you are interested in selling them at that price I'd be willing to buy them from a fellow Canadian :o
  9. V

Auto trans any of them ok?

my golf 2001 has 40000 km on her change the fluid every year my 05 I bought has 50000 km on it 0 issues but I like to change the fluid every year regardless of how many k I put on .
  10. V

AC High side & Low Side Pressures

your reading will change with temp but thoughs are really nice numbers
  11. V

BEW inital start-up

this is the right answer :cool:
  12. V

2000 TDI cold start issues .

That's a easy one guys it's your belt slipping or a weak tensioner. The reason you hear it more on cold start up is because od glow plugs request is hi hope this helps
  13. V

Slight overheating problem- fan?

I thing to check make sure to check coolant for how strong it is if to strong your engin will run hot.
  14. V

Injector calibration on a pop tester

Just a thought on you running lower cracking pressure and seeing more fuel simple answer is cause it is . I think I would check your cam face in your injection pump for volume of fuel or it being worn. But really good job on the wright up this is why getting your injectors set up for proper...
  15. V

Need help lowing IQ on ALH please!!

I have the unit you are looking at it works good. It helped with power and my milage did increase.
  16. V

constant glowplug electrical faults

Your glow plugs should have some ohms or they are burnt up there is a really easy way of testing them in the car. but you must be very careful take wire run from your positive and just touch the very top of the glow plug. if you get a,spark move on to the next do not hold the wire on the glow...
  17. V

2003 Beetle, 92K miles, white smoke and bad idle

well there is a process for checking timing car has to be warmed up to operating temp timing should be 58 degree if it isn't you get all kind of issues . is there ant codes stored in the ecm or power train control system this would help big time , guessing at what wrong can lead you down a...
  18. V

Pesky intermittant limp mode and A/C problem; codes 17946, 18065, and 16629.

Please check your timing and see if it's set right might need a adjustment. Could be the cause of your problems.
  19. V

Why do auto timing belts require sooner change intervals?

Is there a difference in opening pressure on auto injectors vs manual car ones cuzz if there is no difference one should last just as long as they other .