Search results

1. C

Project Kill Da Auto Wabbit!, Or how I learned to love the Manual Swap

Well I took a break to work on a couple other projects for a couple of months and put it back in the shop . Turns out when I installed relay 53 it had pushed the terminal out the back causing the no start problem . Also the blue clutch switch appears to have been bad causing it to keep running...
  2. C

I talked to another guy thats an hour away and he had done the swap and he told me i was supposed to join two wires at the transmission range plug to make the ignition work properly but all I see on these pages are the wires you use for the reverse switch , I might see if I can go check his...
  3. C

I was able to find all the numbers and almost all my wires matched colour wise etc , the reverse lights work now and the car won’t start unless the pedal is pushed in , the problem is something in the starter circuit on either pins 2,8 or 4,6 can’t remember which one ( i know the starter wire is...
  4. C

Tried cutting the wire for the cruise to the ecu but that didn’t make any difference, when i unplug relay 53 ( on the rewire job )and put it back in , it starts and it is wired correctly according to the prints on the first page , think there must be other wiring issues esp when it won’t shut...
  5. C

The clutch switch seems to work correctly as it won’t turn over unless the clutch is depressed , plus the reverse lights work also , so i will double check the wires again today to be sure.. ...thanks for the reply
  6. C

No it won’t.... have to pull the cables and hold together for 20 seconds , it started once after pulling the rewired relay 53 after putting it back in . It once or twice also acted like it had no diesel at the injectors ( cracked them and only a dribble ) once i held the cables together for 20...
  7. C

Hey guys , I bought a 2002 with an auto and have been swapping it over to a 5 speed but am having starting issues ... i did all the wiring changes but this car had a short from fuse 11 to the instrument cluster when i got it , so i replaced the wire with a new one . I also did an egr delete . I...
  8. C

Tdi won’t stay running

Ended up replacing the wire from fuse 11 to one of the plugs on the instrument cluster , not sure where it was shorted but none of the rest are , all good now . Jeff
  9. C

Tdi won’t stay running

Thnks , I checked both sides the fuse holder yesterday morning and they both go to ground..... i was expecting one side but not both , i am going to check to see if any more do . I checked my parts car and the one black wire that feeds #11 has a bunch of blacks tied together in the loom , must...
  10. C

Tdi won’t stay running

Bought an 02 jetta tdi auto that supposedly had a bad injector pump , so i pulled the motor and tranny to do a 5 speed swap . Put a vnt 17 turbo and deleted the egr put a new timing belt on vr6 clutch , got it all back in redid the wiring but now my fuse 11 keeps blowing ( inst cluster/ tranny...
  11. C

p1649-35-10

Yes fuses were all good but I got looking at the fuse box between the three green fuses and the connector and noticed some corrision and sure enough the two terminals for the abs pump and module had no power , i put another fuse box on and problem solved !! Ready to roll now.
  12. C

p1649-35-10

Have a p1649-35-10 code and can't get vcds to connect to the abs to see what the problem is....swapped out the cluster , ignition switch (new car remotes were messed up , someone drilled out the mouse turds ) put my ecu in with the stage 4 Malone tune , immo defeated , changed the ccm module...
  13. C

Door Locks

Swapped out the other ccm and got them working...
  14. C

Door Locks

Bought another 02 tdi with a bad tranny , body is mint , leather and sunroof , so I took a good motor/tranny and put in it , has big clutch , egr delete , vnt 17 turbo , 520 injectors , 11 mm pump , put my ecu in with a stage 4 tune , immo defeat , put a new timing belt on and fired right up but...
  15. C

p0684 glow plug control module

So just talked to the previous owner and he says he never had an issue with the gpcm code until just before he sold it(not sure how this would be possible with an 03 ecu in an 01 ) , but he says he changed the glow plugs cause it was getting hard to start.......he says he is going to contact his...
  16. C

Yeah I forgot the gpcm is different , my parts guy has used ones for 100.00 , so I will just swap them out to get er on the road. Thanks
  17. C

Ok , already had the ecu out and yes Oilhammer you were right this one is for an 02-05 !! You just saved me countless hrs of tracing wires etc......Will the harness from an 03 work in my 01? I have a parts car with the 4 wire gp harness , already have both cars tore down , just need to pull out...
  18. C

Thanks for the info guys , much appreciated , I will check it out when I get home from work!
  19. C

Not sure if it's original ecu , good chance it isn't as po told me the immobilizer was disabled....what's the difference between the 2 channel and 4 channel? Only has the one code p0684 , had a leftfront abs sensor but I repaired it and cleared it.....gp harness is a two wire.
  20. C

Checked all fuses 34 , 43 ,32 and 29 already , all are fine , ohmed out pin 88 , it comes from the coolant sensor , that's as far as I got, going to keep checking for broken wires...... Thanks for the help