Search results

1. Z

2015 TDI EA288 Water Intercooler/2nd Radiator

Yes, ty for the input. I was simply (and mistakenly) under the impression that second cooling loop had a somewhat small radiator. When VeeDub got me the illustration my mistake was sorted out, and I am not thinking that direction anymore. Would love to have a malone tune when its ready.
  2. Z

Thanks for all the help folks. I'll post results. Did not mean for this to be a chipping thread, but I do appreciate the input. Radiators are probably layered, got it. (Diagram referenced does not show the 2015 charge air cooler, but the 2013's). With the intercooler loop radiator up in...
  3. Z

Ram Air improvements to NMS Passat?

Ok, Thanks guys, I'm a dufus...I forgot you don't ram air a turbo, wont make a difference. Cool air yes, ram air no. I did have this ZX14 with ram air, and at over 100 it really added 5HP. It was Normally aspirated though. Miss that thing.....
  4. Z

Yes, the 110KW bluemotion Racechip box. Ultimate version. User Adjustable. If /when when Malone has a tune for this EA288 I'd be very interested.:) I thought the racechip might get me through the next year or two until a good tune is available. I FIRST checked with Revo, Malone, and APR...
  5. Ram air shot

Ram air shot

2015 Bluemotion Golf
  6. Z

Ram Air improvements to NMS Passat?

Hello all. As the European models are ahead of us on efficiencies and power, I have noticed they have ram air designs on some of the bluemotion intakes I've seen pics of. Looks as if the grille louvers were lowered a couple inches, and the ram air is achieved through the slot between the...
  7. Z

Thank you all I wanted to know the location of the intercooler so I can keep it clean and see if there are any cooling efficiencies to gain. I reckon if air is forced through that little radiator, it may need a spray off now and then, as it might get dirty or clogged over time. Finally...
  8. Z

Looking for some expert advice on the new EA288 engine in my 2015 Passat. Pardon my ignorance if I am way off base. Evidently the turbo intercooler is integrated into the intake manifold and is watercooled, so I am unaware of ANY intercooler upgrade for this engine, does anyone else know of...
  9. Z

Wind noise at rear interior of car

Had the same issue with my 2014 TDI, same window. The fix in my case was to replace the long rubber seals in the doorframe that seal around the window when closed. Problem solved.
  10. Z

LED Running Lights, $28.00 Pr at NAPA

usarmy132 I don't remember if the packaging said "error free", but the facts are even if they are not marketed that way, if you plug 'em in and they work without making your dash light indicate, they are by definition error free. NAPA guarantees compatibility, and buying locally allows you...
  11. LED DRL

LED DRL

Passat LED DRL
  12. Z

Ok, here is a shot of the NAPA sourced running lights at 6PM, with lotsa light in the sky
  13. Z

Just wanted to share I had excellent results installing these $22.50 per pair LEDs/ Passat socket compatible replacements in my 2015 TDI SEL. NAPA auto parts carries them in stock locally. Rated for 40,000 hours...
  14. Z

Torque Application Results for 2015 Passat TDI

$7.00 shipped HERE http://www.amazon.com/Version-Interface-Android-Bluetooth-Diagnostic/dp/B00OXPXUAK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ZFNXFT2CT66FEWBT7WP Gotta give props to TDIMeister, his recommendation on another thread is how I stumbled across this. Works great tho.
  15. Z

Amazon has got 'em shipped from China here. Ten bucks to your doorstep after a three week wait (slow/free mail from the orient). http://www.amazon.com/Mini-ELM327-Bluetooth-Supports-Protocols/dp/B00P8Q7VEY/ref=sr_1_34?ie=UTF8&qid=1420137660&sr=8-34&keywords=327+OBDii (Use keywords ELM 327 2.1)
  16. Z

Tire size difference = dsg trans and tdi engine damage.

Most likely he was trying to upsell to larger tires and wheels. This means more money in his pocket at most chains.
  17. Z

Pinging/Diesel Noise

Kind of annoying, ticking noise after ignition that disappears after warmup? Had that on my 2014 SE as well, I believe this is normal for that model, or at least consistent for the 2014's. Also diesel engines all have that special "Torque"y sound, which is a little louder until warm up. A...
  18. Z

TY Rico 567. I'm just trying to get some baselines until the APR solution comes to market, then I'll compare. But I am recommending this app to every tuner friend I have...I bought several of these Bluetooth OBDII Reader/Adapters at $12.00 each, they make great seasonal gifts.
  19. Z

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else has run the Torque App with a 327 bluetooth OBDII reader on their 2015 Passat TDI? My app. reads that my Boost hangs around 14 PSI under full throttle, and peaks around 20.5 PSI. Do your results compare? Does up to 20 PSI sound right for this turbo? I...
  20. Z

Things you can rearrange Passat on trunk to say

Passat Badge Word Jumble I've often thought of adding a small 'e' to the badge on the other side, where TDI SEL would read TDIeSEL.