Search results

1. S

Broke T-Valve Changing Fuel Filter Question

In the process of changing the fuel filter on my 2005 Jetta TDI BEW, I broke the T-Valve fitting, pulling it out of the fuel filter. Both male ends of the T fitting broke off and are stuck inside the fuel lines. I was able to pull one male end out of one fuel line, using a coarsely threaded...
  2. S

How-to: VW MK4 Door Panel Insert Swap Zip Tie Attachment Method

I made a how-to video showing the process of removing the VW MK4 Door Card Panel Insert and attaching a replacement panel using zip ties: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeGGUNWeARw I had heard that attaching the panel with hot glue does not hold up under high heat and sunny climates. Glue or...
  3. S

Rear Wheel Bearings, Factory or Aftermarket?

I’m going to purchase new rear wheel bearings for my 2005 Wagon. Is it worth the extra cost to purchase factory rear wheel bearings or is there an aftermarket company that is known to manufacture the factory bearings, such as FAG or Meyle, that is equally preferable? Ultimately, I’m after...
  4. S

BEW New Clutch...What Additional Parts to Purchase?

I've put this off for long enough and it's time to upgrade the clutch in my 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI BEW 5-Speed manual. I will be purchasing the Southbend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch with their Single Mass Flywheel and a new clutch fork. What additional parts should I buy and replace while I have my...
  5. S

337/GLI/20th Rear Beam Upgrade?

Instead of bolting on a rear sway bar, I was wondering if anyone has upgraded their TDI rear beam with the stock 18mm sway bar, to the 337/GLI/20th rear beam, with the 21.7mm rear sway bar? It seems like if one wanted to upgrade the rear beam bushings, it would be an opportune time to upgrade...
  6. S

Stage 1.5 Tune Trade-Offs?

I just recently installed a Stage 1.5 tune on my BEW TDI and am very happy with the results. The TDI certainly has more torque, accelerates quicker and the MPG's don't seem to be negatively effected. Seems like a "keep the cake and eat it" scenario. I'm just wondering why VW didn't sell the TDI...