Search results

1. S

Broke T-Valve Changing Fuel Filter Question

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/y9waanecaec0u51qt49mp/72376009346__B76D5CDF-0A10-4298-BABD-6282225B55F8.JPG?rlkey=g1rplbgid26mxbwagy23f5wtf&dl=0
  2. S

I was able to extract the second male end using a screw with a hex head and a socket wrench, for more persuasion.
  3. S

In the process of changing the fuel filter on my 2005 Jetta TDI BEW, I broke the T-Valve fitting, pulling it out of the fuel filter. Both male ends of the T fitting broke off and are stuck inside the fuel lines. I was able to pull one male end out of one fuel line, using a coarsely threaded...
  4. S

Wheat Beige Metallic Bora 4Motion

I would go all in on this color by adding gold wheels with orange turn signals and orange side markers.
  5. S

What is the worst stereotypical cheap ALH TDI guy damage and bodge you've seen?

The previous owner of my 05 Wagon fixed the cracked and broken under-dash plastic panels with tape. Broken tabs were literally replaced with tape. I found better replacement panels at the Pick-n-Pull and reinforced all of the structural tabs with JB Weld. Problem fixed right.
  6. S

What is your go-to tire choice?

Michelin Pilot Sports on my wagon. Great Coastal California tire, where it’s either bone dry or torrential rain.
  7. S

Poll - what's your favorite mk4/A4 body style?

I prefer the wagon. I like the functionality of carrying work related gear inside the vehicle. I also like being able to throw my mountain bike in the back of my wagon. Always a fan of the Golf, the Jetta wagon looks have grown on me and now that’s my preference. The rear visibility is amazing...
  8. S

Possible parasitic draw problem....

I also have a parasitic draw that drains the battery in 3-4 days. I was considering a trickle charger to combat this. Is there any reason to not use a trickle charger on these cars?
  9. S

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Yes. Yes. No. They were inspecting under the hood for most of the time. Mechanically, the engine bay is stock in my car. Everything is operational.
  10. S

Just passed CA smog inspection with my 2005 BEW.
  11. S

Who made their mk4 TDI their daily driver?

I daily my mk4 BEW wagon.
  12. S

Bi-Xenon Jetta Mk4 Build

I realize that the lower grill vents being low is not an ideal location, but are there any Projector/Xenon/LED lighting solutions that fit in the lower grill location? Something that throws light further down the road?
  13. S

How many MKIV ALH wagons were made and of those how many were 5 speeds?

I was wondering the same thing about the BEW 5-speed.
  14. S

BEW vnt17 tuning

Are you running the VNT17 on a stock tune? If so, how well does it run on a stock tune? I'm interested in a VNT17 turbo upgrade, if/when it might be needed, but might also need to revert to the stock tune every two years. I'm just curious about how well the BEW runs with a VNT17 turbo and a...
  15. S

I installed a new cabin filter then changed the oil and oil filter today. According to my non-scientific perception, installing the R32 Aero wiper arms did reduce wind noise at freeway speed. The car seems quieter. I should have gotten a decibel reading before and after, but I didn’t think...
  16. S

Where is the best place to go for paint?

Banksy? What’re you really using this paint for???
  17. S

Thanks! I'm not sure about regular blades, I just used what was supplied with the kit. I have not had a chance to test them at speed yet. I'll have to wait a few tanks to determine if there is an improvement in fuel economy, to compare a few data points. My wagon consistently gets 40mpg for...
  18. S

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/aero-wiper-blade-arm-kit/mk4gjawk/
  19. S

I had a new windshield installed on my wagon. After the installation, I installed a new cowl and new low-profile R32 windshield wiper arms and blades. Unlike the stock wiper arms, the low-profile R32 wiper arms disappear from view. I'm hoping that they reduce a bit of wind noise and bump up the...
  20. S

Who has decent 5sp shifter knob/boot assemblies?

I pieced together two New-Old-Stock shifters to create mine. Real leather Jetta shift boot mated to a perforated leather Audi A3 5-speed shift knob. The A3 boot would not fit the VW base. The collar trim and trim ring are both real aluminum. They're cold in the mornings. The diameter of the knob...