Search results

1. 7

Burning smell from heat

Moved the wife's car yesterday 2015 tdi se wagen and noticed a strong plastic/electric burning smell coming from the heater vents. I did a scan with the vag com and it did have some heater box codes. I'm assuming something with the aux heater melted and is melting or the harness to it either way...
  2. 7

P0226 no start/ other issues

Had a car towed in with a stripped flywheel and smoked clutch, owner says it started fine then died and would not restart. I assume he cranked the hell out of it and smoked the starter then it ate the flywheel, regardless it has a new clutch starter flywheel now. Still a no start it has 315k on...
  3. 7

2010 jsw reverse light woes

OK I have a strange one here on my 10 jsw 6mt, since I got it when I put it in reverse both reverse lights come on however when I put in in neutral the drivers light stays on and only goes out if I shut the car off OR put up the ebrake disabling the drl's. I have no codes in any modules and I...
  4. 7

2010 jsw value

Hi looking at a 2010 jetta sportwagen TDI has 110k 6mt dark blue loaded every option. Appears very clean has 3 keys and has all service records I checked the book value and some prices online but found a big range. I'm considering upgrading from my 03 wagon to this . Any opinions I can handle...
  5. 7

2003 jetta wagon value

Feeling out the market may well my 03 jetta 5 speed wagon. Interior is mint its a GL with power windows and locks no roof or heated seats it does has a blapunkt nav radio. Interior is mint 7/10 exterior is 8/10 has one small dent on rear hatch. Engine was just rebuilt 100 % done right and I have...
  6. 7

Trans Codes after ip install

May be unreated but after a ip pump swap and timing belt change have these codes about 1 week later. Address 02: Auto Trans Labels: 01M-927-733.lbl Control Module Part Number: 01M 927 733 HK Component and/or Version: AG4 Getriebe 01M 4606 Software Coding...
  7. 7

rear floor waterleak

On my 03 Jetta wagon I just noticed my carpet is damp only in the drivers rear, it has been raining heavily the last week here. Anyways the door seals look ok and I didn't notice any rust or water tracks when I had the carpet out about a month ago I also had the headliner out and at the time I...
  8. 7

New engine Lifter tick

Got my car all back together all rebuild had the head gone through by a local reputable and reliable (past experiences) Machine shop and they do specialize in small diesels used in the marine industry around here. They decked head valve job and valve guides, the motor had about 250k at rebuild...
  9. 7

finishing ALH Build turbo time

Wrapping up my new engine its all together waiting to go in the car this weekend got ecu back from rocketchips with a stage 3 tune Im running .05 over asv pistons rebuild head and arp studs also has forged rods and dlc 764 nozzles. I plan on upgrading the intercooler and piping also a intake...
  10. 7

piston protrusion

OK putting my short block together measured the pistion protrusion got between .35 and .37 in on all cly I already bought a 2 hole gasket because that'd what was on it but a lot of machine work was done so... should I get a 1 hole or is a 2 hole fine it should just slightly lower my compression...
  11. 7

$500 full 2.5 stainless exhaust

http://profidiesel.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=48&products_id=113 Anyone from Europe use this company? they are located in Bulgaria quality looks good in pics with the conversion and shipping to me in usa $500 sure beats the $700 that's the usual.. any input I may order it and see
  12. 7

alh piston questions

Pulled my engine apart had low compression on #4 cly found a melted ring land from a bad injector. Doing a full rebuild I'm going to overbore I'm currently running dlc 764 nozzles an I have on order a kerma tune and SBC stage 2 clutch. Currently using a brand new vnt 15 and stock exhaust but I...
  13. 7

unequal compression smokey starts

Ok bought a not running 03 alh wagon in the spring with 146K on the clock, got it running ended up being clogged intake with a stuck asv a bad turbo and bad injectors. The po lugged the car apparently he started off in second gear because he was a truck driver and apparently though his car was a...
  14. 7

1998 1z low power im stumped

OK finnaly joined forum but I'm not new to TDI and have been browsing here for a while. I recently bought a non running 98 jetta TDI had a shredded timing belt I swapped on a new head that I had. Timed it correctly with new tensionr and rollers and it started perfect timed it with the vag com...