Search results

1. andyrooski17

TDI Replacement Vehicle

I know many Mk7 Golf TDI owners (at least on the internet) are contemplating going GTI, and that the Cruze diesel is a much-discussed option as well, but I wanted to get a discussion going on smaller high efficiency gas engines (that aren't hybrids). I'm bringing this up because of the...
  2. andyrooski17

Long Crank After Rain

Drove home dry yesterday, then it rained somewhat heavily overnight, and temps dropped from mid-70's to low 60's overnight. It was not raining this morning, but the car still had water sitting on it from the rain overnight. I got in the car and turned the key and it proceeded to crank several...
  3. andyrooski17

Ambient Temperature Reading High

The past week or so, I've noticed that on cold mornings, the outside temperature is reading about 7-10 F high, compared with a couple different weather apps and an old-fashioned thermometer. For example, this morning, it was about 31 outside, and the car read 40 even after driving for a bit. It...
  4. andyrooski17

Conti Tire Gouge and Wheel Scrape

I realize this is probably a dumb repetitive question, but I've found varying opinions on the internet (shock). I just noticed this morning that I have a scrape on the rim and a gouge in the sidewall, i'd say it's 1/8" deep maximum, and I can't see any steel/cords. I've got my 20k service on...
  5. andyrooski17

Dr. ColorChip repair

Based on a tip from one of our threads, I decided to purchase and try a Dr. ColorChip kit to repair a couple of door chips on the sharp side creases. After reading reviews and perusing their website, I gathered that the chips I was trying to repair were larger and deeper than the chips that are...
  6. andyrooski17

Fast idle immediately after start

Happened to me a few times over the last 2 days. Upon starting the car, even after a long period of driving shortly before (i.e. pretty sure a regen wasn't interrupted), the idle would be around 1000 rpm. Typically the idle is 800 when not in the middle of a regen. If I then drove a few miles...
  7. andyrooski17

Drag Race: Golf R vs. Touareg V8 TDI

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it has an Mk7 golf in it so... http://www.autoevolution.com/news/golf-r-vs-touareg-v8-tdi-drag-race-is-closer-than-you-think-video-94005.html
  8. andyrooski17

This didn't come off of my car...right?

I was driving along today, and heard a small tap sound, quickly followed by a scraping sound. I pulled over and found the following item kind of wedged in the rear passenger wheel well, dragging on the road: I suspect it may be a part of a wiper blade from another car that was on the...
  9. andyrooski17

Mk7 TDI in the snow

Hi All, This morning was the first time I drove my 2015 in legitimate snow. I didn't see any pavement the whole way, back roads and highways. It was a cold, dry snow, so I suspect that helped, but I thought the car did very well, compared to my old '05 Civic Si. And it still got 35 mpg, despite...
  10. andyrooski17

Mk7 Favorite Colors

I wanted to get a fun thread going, a safe space with no (few?) arguments. My Golf is Platinum Gray. I went in thinking that I would get a Tungsten Silver, because I liked the way the black glass roof contrasted. But, when I went to the dealer and saw a Silver in person, I thought it had a...
  11. andyrooski17

A Pillar Trim After Windshield Replacement

Hi All, I just had my Mk7's windshield replaced :(. Not the car's fault, just a rock coming off of a truck. It was a pretty good hit, so I don't suspect a subpar windshield or anything. Anyhow, after the repair, I was concerned that the flap coming off the A pillar rubber trim wasn't put back...