Search results

1. R

Headlight plastic

Can anyone tell me what type of plastic Hella uses for the headlights? Not the clear lens, but the black plastic on the back. Tab that holds the cover for the turn signal bulb access broke, need to glue it back on and
  2. R

Diesel Oil, or "Here we go again!"

Hmmm. . . Maybe I'll just change the filter and pull an oil sample, something I do regularly for the big DD. Will also be interesting to compare samples between the four-stroke VW and the two-stroke DD. . . Turbo - I live in the RV full-time and "snowbird," staying in 60-80 degree weather...
  3. R

Diesel Oil, or "Here we go again!"

I'll probably get heavily flamed for this story, but here goes anyway: Since I bought my 2003 Jetta TDI, I've used the correct VW-spec oil in the ALH engine with each oil service. But 5,000 miles ago, I found myself in a dilemma: Engine was due for an oil change, we were campground hosting...
  4. R

Euro taillight source for 2003 Wagon

Thanks. . . Hoping to find some NOS, or are they now made from unobtainium? :confused:
  5. R

Euro taillight source for 2003 Wagon

New to the Forum, posted an introduction over on the main board for your amusement. One of the upgrades I'd like to do to my wagon is to change the taillights to the OEM European style with amber turn signals. I thought I saw a thread about this using the search function, but the links...
  6. R

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Clovis CA Newbie Greetings from Clovis, CA, next door to Fresno. I just picked up a 2003 Jetta GL 5-spd TDI wagon last weekend over in Santa Cruz, CA. Found it on CL five minutes after PO posted the ad, called him, made an appointment, showed up cash in hand and U-Haul dollyed it home behind...