Search results

1. D

MN Chat Thread

looking for someone to do a water pump/timing belt on an 03 Golf TDI.. puking coolant under main pulley... South of Cities area.. any recommendations... considering just selling the car... rusting but a good commuter so....
  2. D

MN Chat Thread

yeha they did good by me when mine threw a timing belt.. issue is I live in Jordan.. thats like over 1.5 hrs to take the car there.. thats 2 vehicles there and back each time... good to know it will all work out with him.. too bad about it all though
  3. D

MN Chat Thread

thanks I spoke with Rath at Nur Technik and will be dropping it in there on monday after seeing the owner at Midwest was arrested a while back for putting a gun to his wifes head... shame he did good work last time fo rme...
  4. D

MN Chat Thread

is midwest motorworks still open? Merkerguitars still active?? hasnt replied to a pm for a while... Anywhere else you recommend to go get my p0299 sorted.. Ive been having some issues off and on with the limp mode etc.. over the last year ive replaced vacuum hoses, the valve thingy on...
  5. D

MN Chat Thread

anybody with a vagcom down south of cities near jordan? ive been getting the overboost limp thing happening off and on for a while.... replaced the sensor thing everyone suggests... worked fine for 2 weeks, had replaced vacuum hoses when it first started.... well finally it wont boost at...
  6. D

MN Chat Thread

I have some rims off of a ford.. 5x112 I believe so they should fit some later VW's.. they have snow tires on them with at least 80% life left.. won them on an auction took a chance they would fit as there was no description for what they came off of... 16inch rims fyi looking to get $400 obo...
  7. D

MN Chat Thread

yeah I won them on an auction for less than half price.. but they ended up being Ford rims 5x114.3 I believe with winter tires, so I may just flip them and go buy new rubber.. wanted to set up a winter set and summer set...
  8. D

MN Chat Thread

looking for some 16inch steelies??? anyone have a set? (to go on a 2003 Golf TDi
  9. D

How to remove ALH alternator pulley in car

they sell the kits now - didnt finish the thread https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AGWEUKI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
  10. D

MN Chat Thread

My AC stopped working suddenly while on a vacation with family.. worked perfectly till then any ideas or thoughts.. read somewhere about some doohickey on the frame that goes bad?? thoughts, anyone else had similar happen 2003 Golf TDi
  11. D

MN Chat Thread

thanks... yeah may have to try that first.. cheapest option.. other than ecu or distributor just to check... it at first has the smallest attempt.. but nothing that will catch...
  12. D

MN Chat Thread

anyone have any experience with a vanagon? a friends camper stopped running.. it is an 84 with an 86 engine... it seems to have fuel, and spark.. (only checked one plug so far..) new fuel pump..
  13. D

MN Chat Thread

no idea, but the orings were old... who knows when this filter was replaced or if it ever had been... all good now.. runs like a champ
  14. D

MN Chat Thread

thought I updated this... changed fuel filter and it fired right up... then stalled.. took a couple of goes but eventually it ran.. this am it took a couple of times to run properly.. guessing still some air.. but ran without a blip all the way to work 40min drive.. just waiting to see how...
  15. D

MN Chat Thread

it sprayed like a garden hose... No smoke that I have noticed inside my workshop... well I am going to throw a fuel filter in tonight and bleed it... see if that does the trick?? I havent changed it since getting the car and I see you are supposed to bleed the filter every 10K and change it...
  16. D

MN Chat Thread

nope.. only thing I have done with this is a t-belt and new head about 3 weeks after I bought it :(
  17. D

MN Chat Thread

the clear line has some bubbles... best way to get rid of those?? and I probably should change the filter too.. what I dont understand with this assumption is the fact that it is pumping fuel thru the injectors when I crack them open so it is obviously not stopping fuel getting thru..
  18. D

MN Chat Thread

ok.. so I went out to the shop.. no ASV it was deleted... I cracked open the 2 outside fuel lines on the engine side 1 at a time and cranked... it was pumping fuel.. so that leaves electrical...?? possibly crank sensor maybe? I suck at electrical added** SO I checked the fuel pump.. mine...
  19. D

MN Chat Thread

1) I had the egr delete done and I think that was removed...?? at least I didnt see what I thought it used to be... I will double check again... 2) YES and YES.. 3) Timing Belt was replaced about 15K ago by merkerguitars out at Midwest Automotive... 4) that was my next plan.. came on to...
  20. D

MN Chat Thread

quick question.. so I pulled out of my drive today (on my way to go drive a lambo... mmmm haha) and the car died... was running fine, started fine, turns over fine but wont fire.. where should I start... it has thrown some random cels (usually glow plug) but not often and no running issues...