Search results

1. Z

I forgot about the 12/31/18 deadline...

No excuse... just stupidity. I know I can still get stage 2 done on my 2015. Has anyone had any luck getting their remaining 1/3 settlement if they missed the deadline?
  2. Z

Gen 3, Phase 2 Fix

I got a notice that phase 2 is available for my 2015 TDI. A day later, my local VW called to set up an appointment to have it fixed. I deferred for the time-being. Evidently they replace the Diesel Particulate Filter, Diesel Oxidation Catalyst, and Selective Catalytic Reduction Converter in...
  3. Z

Adding Lane Departure?

I've also been disappointed that the Passat was never available with newer technology like lane departure. I know VW wanted to keep a healthy divide between VW and Audi but I commonly see this feature on non-luxury cars such as Ford, Toyota, and Mazda. Has anyone retrofitted lane departure to...
  4. Z

Any threads or videos on 2015 10K service?

I'm at 19,600 miles and getting ready to service my 2015 Passat TDI myself for the first time. Are there any walkthroughs or videos for the 2015 MY Passat? I've seen several for 2014 and prior years. I understand there is an underbody panel that needs removal. Is the oil filter location...
  5. Z

2015 Passat TDI SEL Dash Creak

This just started happening now at 13K miles. And coincides with the weather warming up to above freezing. It did not happen last fall before it got cold when the car was new. The noise is driving me crazy! It sure sounds like the creaking noises are coming from the Fender sound bar. I can...
  6. Z

High pitch squeal from passenger side rear. Video included

2015 Passat TDI SEL. ~9600 miles. The other day, when it was particularly cold (~0F), I heard a nasty squeal that seemed to come from the passenger side rear of the car. I took a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7YkBYK234&feature=youtu.be Eventually the noise faded away and I...
  7. Z

What MDI cable came with your Passat?

I just received my 2015 Passat TDI. It only came with the 30 pin iPhone 4 style cable. My dealer says he hasn't seen any of the 2015 stock come with an MDI to Lightning Cable. I would have expected the car to come with an MDI cable to attach to my iPhone 5s!
  8. Z

Any experience with the VW extended warranty?

I purchased a 2015 Passat TDI SEL yesterday and plan to pick it up on Tuesday. Between now and then, I have time to decide whether to purchase the extended warranty. I drive ~25K miles per year. At this rate, I'll burn through the 3 year/36K VW warranty in a year and a half! I was...
  9. Z

2014 vs 2015

Please help me decide between the 2014 model year and the 2015 model year. I know that the big (only?) difference is the engine is now the EA288. 10 additional HP, more economical. *HOPEFULLY* less likely to have HPFP or Turbo issues. Then again, it will probably have its own weak points...
  10. Z

Ridiculous pricing on 2014 Passat TDI SE

I drove a 2014 Passat TDI SE MT the other day and liked it! I was just looking at TruCar and the price estimate is $21.8K!!! I'm been unsure whether I wanted a 2015 Golf TDI SEL MT or a Passat TDI MT. This could push me in the direction of the Passat. I just need to convince myself that I'll...
  11. Z

Passat vs Golf

I realize this boils down to whether I want a smaller car or a larger car but I'm having second thoughts about my desire for a 2015 Golf TDI SEL. I don't know much about the 2015 Passat TDI so I'm dealing with what I think I know about the 2014 Passat TDI SE. I do not want the DSG on either...