Search results

1. W

Considering doing the Jetta Wagon to golf body conversion

It's an idea that I've found pictures of, but no info on... I'm toying with the idea of a golf front end and an R32 rear bumper with dual exhaust for my TDI Jetta Wagon. Who can help me find the build, or info? Will I need to change the hood?
  2. W

I want a simple, effective tune.

I've done all the research, I usually start inching for the KermaTDI tune but always get talked out of it. I have a stock alh wagon, I'm planning on doing a VNT17, 3 bar map, 2.5 down pipe, nozzles, what should I use for a controller? I want one with as much user interface as possible, and one...
  3. W

Need ALH Jetta Wagon ASAP

I'm looking for an ALH GLS Reflex Silver Jetta Wagon in good condition. Will pay big money
  4. W

Looking for MkIV Jetta Wagon GLS, ALH TDI, Dutchess NY

That's what I want, I want a Jetta Wagon GLS thats clean, 5 speed, ALH, and reflex silver.. probably not possible ? From least important priority wise: GLS option, Reflex silver, Clean Also have a 5 speed tranny so **** it I'll take autos Would love recommendations on where to look
  5. W

When will diesel prices start to fall?

I mean come on, heating oil is 1.79. Diesel is 2.99. It's funny, the more crooked left wing politicians, the higher the price of diesel. The more misinformation of diesels you have. Diesels have more emissions, what a crony statement made by crony people. It's a myth, at best, and beyond...
  6. W

When will diesel prices start to fall?

It's all fake. They purposely drive up the price of the diesel because they are all corrupt, they are trying to compel you into not driving a diesel, even though a diesel is superior in just about every way, but moreso because you have flexible fuel options, and you could store hundreds of...
  7. W

She ran away, now what..

when you neglect a turbo rebuild/replacement on an otherwise decently tuned and running 1.9 ALH. 351,000 miles, original turbo Es posible que el turbo haya tenido fugas de aceite y haya causado que el motor queme el aceite como combustible
  8. W

She ran away, now what..

nope, couldn't get her in gear in time Nobody turns these things around? Curious what it would cost
  9. W

She ran away, now what..

I have a hard enough time even finding an engine for sale
  10. W

She ran away, now what..

So she ran away, let's put it this way, it was heinous, definately think something's eccentric, either the crank or the heads shot... Is there anyone that rebuilds ALH's? I've decided I want to do a new project, I want to buy a mk iv jetta wagon and do the body conversion to a golf front end...
  11. W

ALH VNT 17 questions

I think I'm gonna go with the KermaTDI Q-Pro Programmer and vnt 17. Tuning wise, should I be able to get a decent tune out of this system? I never used an advanced tuner like this before in anything so I do not know the logistics of running that thing. I already have some **** I messed around...
  12. W

ALH VNT 17 questions

Great. Is there some source that I can look at to reasonably look at attempting to tune it myself. Most likely I won't have the time to mess around, however if it involves disassembling the tuner and replacing resistors or whatnot or something along those lines I would consider attempting it. I...
  13. W

ALH VNT 17 questions

Can I calibrate map sensor through VagCom? I borrow a friends and am not all too savvy with the program. .
  14. W

ALH VNT 17 questions

From what I've read, I've seen that a 3" wouldn't exactly hurt either. The temptation to do so is because I found a 3" downpjpe for less than half of what I can find a 2.5" for. I read it was a PITA to install. Also I need the larger pipe diameter size to compensate for other areas, in which are...
  15. W

ALH VNT 17 questions

Hey everybody. I just want to say I've been driving mk4 diesels for nearly 8 years now. My turbo is basically stuck and I want to order a VNT 17 to replace it. I bought the car off a friend who I've personally seen drive the car 10 years prior. Good mechanic. He says he put in perfect spray...
  16. W

Looking to do an alignment

Thanks, jarhead! Your giving me hope. I was preparing myself to deal with a bent unibody rail. Ive never heard of working on the subframe. Can you elaborate what is doable? Is the whole thing replacable or no?
  17. W

Steering wheel was turned all the way to right, S shaped tierod I hit the guardrail here and dragged alongside it..initial impact roughly 30-40 mph...I couldve dragged up to 75 feet or more.. Picture of me fenderless...can kinda see the camber
  18. W

Hey guys, so yeah the winters are so cold here in NY so I havent had my girl on the lift. Im at 240,000 miles now. So yeah...as an update. As an addition to the camber Ive discovered something quite scary. I was behind my car being driven by my best friend, and I was on the motorcycle. Were...
  19. W

Okay, thanks for the input. Does anyone know what the toe alignment spec is for the golf? I should only need a toe alignment. Im hoping