Search results

1. Nutty 5.0

End links going out on these common?

I’ve noticed on mine with 88k and even sis in laws (both 15 GSW’s) clicking on small bumps at low speeds. I’ve had both in the lift and have price all the ball joints and tie rod ends and feel they’re solid. I see Whiteline makes some really nice ones but we’re stock ride height and wheels...
  2. Nutty 5.0

Anyone else get the sunroof clean/modification Service Action 60E5

Just got this today and wondering what they are actually doing. I already pulled my little orange but trappers off and check the regularly.
  3. Nutty 5.0

Off Road Deletes on EA288 2.0 CRUA: Which one?

There's a ton of different options and not really sure what should I be looking for. I'm aware it is off road only. I was looking at both Rawtek and Buzzken and from searching, most seem to like whichever version they bought. It seems the price/materials is the deciding factor for most. I...
  4. Nutty 5.0

18" Durban tires: what have you replaced with?

I'm between some Conti Extreme Contact DSW06's and Michelin Pilot Spoet A/S 3+. The Conti's seem to get better reviews from the VW crowd. They're cheaper and have a $70 rebate on 4 locally right now. I don't mind spending the money. Just want a decent A/S tire. Anyone have personal...
  5. Nutty 5.0

Installed Ed's Replica Golf R lights and deAutoKey's LED Fogs on SIL's GSW

My sister in law got her 15 GSW SE 6MT back in April. She wanted the light package but was hard to find what she wanted in colors with a manual yet alone the LP. Anyway, she knew I told her she can get replicas and get pretty close. I ordered Ed's Golf R replicas, deAutoKey's LED fogs (I have...
  6. Nutty 5.0

For Sale: MK7 Stainless steel foot pedals(gas, brake and clutch)

SOLD My wife bought me a set of pedals for my 15 GSW TDI 6 speed but I already had them installed. Comes with gas, brake and clutch pedal covers. $22 shipped in the 48 states.
  7. Nutty 5.0

Installed Neuspeed's rear torsion bar

It was a birthday gift from my wife along with Diesel Geek's Sigma short shifter (Hoping to install this weekend). Link to the bar is here: http://www.neuspeed.com/343/0/0/3236/2502222-neuspeed-rear-torsion-bar.html And yes, I have full plans on keeping the car. I installed it yesterday but...
  8. Nutty 5.0

Who has done a fuel filter replacement on their own without VCDS?

I'm coming close to my 20k and have the filter. I haven't read much about it other than using VCDS to prime the pump after replacement. I have access to using one but I have no experience with it and my uncle who owns it does but nothing TDI or MK7. I'm not new to working on things, but new...
  9. Nutty 5.0

Does this fuel nozzle adaptor fit the mk7 TDI's too?

Before I order one or if anyone has a suggestion that's better? New OEM Volkswagen/VW and Audi TDI Diesel Fuel Nozzle Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0089C061E/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_eRmXvbRZY3YQ0
  10. Nutty 5.0

Door unlock buttons: Does yours light up Yellow?

Just noticed in the brochure that when the doors are unlocked the door lock button shows it is yellow. Mine always is white (Both driver and passenger) but the lock will change to yellow when the car is unlocked. Just curious is the brochure wrong, or is mine not working, or is it a setting on...
  11. Nutty 5.0

Nutty's 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL TDI 6MT

This is our first VW since 98 when we got my now wife and then girlfriend her first new car, a 98 New Beetle. It was good and she loved it. It started having nickel and dime issues after 45k and really was disappointing. It pretty much soured me on VW for a long time. We sold it back in 2003 as...
  12. Nutty 5.0

Steering wheel lock warning in yellow before starting car normal?

The manual isn't real clear, but I notice when I head to the car to take it out, that I get in sit down and before I hit the start button the yellow steering indicator is on. Then I hear the solenoid unlock the wheel and the light goes out while starting. Is this normal? The manual just says...
  13. Nutty 5.0

2015 GSW Brochure

First I saw this. You would think it would have been out months ago. http://www.vw.com/content/dam/vwcom/brochures/2015models/VW_MY15_Golf_SportWagen_Brochure-Digital.pdf
  14. Nutty 5.0

US cars: Will the NAV show maps in Canada

We will be traveling to see family in Canada. Is the NAV Canada and US or just US having US maps and Canada having just Candian maps? Thanks for any confirmation
  15. Nutty 5.0

Glovebox cooling

So I haven't heard much about this. I'm not finding much about it but I guess it's handy to keep your drinks cool on long trips?
  16. Nutty 5.0

Post your new Golf SportWagen here!

Now that some of you lucky people are taking delivery of your new SportWagens I figured it's a good time to start a thread. I didn't receive mind yet but it's expected 4/20. Excited to see what everyone else has selected or ordered. :D
  17. Nutty 5.0

Any official measurements of the the GSW hatch opening?

I've been searching for a few weeks and still nothing I can find about what the actual height of the hatch opening is on the GSW. I'm assuming it's close the to the Golf but likely somewhat different. Has anyone gotten that at the auto shows or have anything they've found? Thanks from a...