Search results

1. S

KTC timing belt tool set ~$30

Never used it, but it looks ok at amazon. One mechanic reviewed and compared to vw factory tool, claimed dead on. Stumbled over this looking for something else. Thought it might help...
  2. S

All solved, I hope DSG, EPA, DOT, EGR, DPF, DMF

This ought to do it!;): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag
  3. S

02E Mechatronic solenoids galore

Researching a non VW trans problem, made me wonder if Sonnax might have VW stuff. Sure enough, Borg Warner mechatronic solenoids for the die hard redneck engineering, bailing wire gets me home sort of folks like myself :). Here is the link: http://www.sonnax.com/units/368-02E Not that I...
  4. S

AllData -cluster(bleep)

Wow, I happened to get into AllData.diy. I guess you get what you pay for. There is a very good chance if you pay for this site for a later model like a 2010 or 2009, I would guess there is about a 50% chance that you will be wasting your money. Specifically, the site's 2010 CJAA Cam Position...
  5. S

Mann filter at Advanced Auto Parts

Hi Guys, Normally I use the best on expensive, complex equipment like my 2009 TDI. I had always considered the VW dealer oil filter to be the best, it had a nice chevron pattern on the filter media that I liked. I really have no other reason to think it was the best. Anyhow, I have my...
  6. S

Completly unfair AT comparison

:) Sorry, but its time for a completely unfair and biased automatic transmission comparison. The transmissions for comparison, VW's DSG of course and .... my Mercedes C Class 722 something or other. Column 1.... ................................................Column 2 MB Trans...
  7. S

Top speed, WOT, sqarshed some bugs

What's top speed? I have a Jetta 2009 manual and the speedo goes to 160 with a redline at 4500. Today in 6th gear at 50 mph, the tach showed 1500 rpm. At 80 mph the tach showed 2500 RPM. This is a 30 mph increase in speed with an increase of 1000 rpm in engine speed. I know that the change in...
  8. S

How expensive should a torque wrench be

With all the torque to yield (TTY) bolts all over our cars how important or expensive should a torque wrench be? My Sears brand (might be Montgomey Wards) beam type seems pretty good and I have used it on more than one VW, the first being an air-cooled 74 Beetle which had to have it's engine...
  9. S

New dmf tolerance

New dmf flywheel has about the same rotational play that the old one has. Over an inch of rotational play! The new one came with the packaging disturbed and a nice oil smudge on the flywheel face. Made me think it was a return, and restocked then sold to me. I'm visiting at a hospital and have...
  10. S

Gear oil for 6 speed manual

I had my TDI bubble busted by driveline noise that ended up being a bad Luk dual mass clutch. My Luk ran out so to speak. At any rate, I had the 6 speed manual bearings all replaced by the local expert. He and I both agreed that some of the bearings looked great, but 2 counter shaft bearings had...
  11. S

Link to erWin FACTORY VDub manuals, blows my mind!

sprtsail gave a link for some fellow member, screwed by the unreliablility of his trans, mine too! So, I checked out the link and BINGO!!! Most of the VW factory manuals! That will hold me for a while! Jay's zone is Romanian and perhaps the server for this info is there to. Who knows...
  12. S

DMF upgrade to normal flywheel,help!?

New club member here, so I apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong forum. My vehicle is a 2009 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual with 74,000 miles. Transmission is on the bench and open; checking bearings for wear related to noise/thumping vibration. The DMF flywheel has rotational movement...