Search results

1. P

Newb with Question

I have a 2001 TDI Jetta and it is starting hard even when it is warm out. It starts hard when the engine is cold but not after it has been warmed up. It starts right away if the engine is warmed up. Also, once or twice a week it makes a screeching noise right after it starts up. This does not...
  2. P

Help, burning oil.

I have to work, but I will let him know about it and see if he can't bring it out, I think that might be a good idea for us, thanks for the offer! Sarah :)
  3. P

Help, burning oil.

He pulled off the turbo and brought it to Diesel Components, where he has work done on his work vehicles. They found bad seals in the turbo and rebuilt it. I know someone suggested not doing that but it was pretty inexpensive and at this point we can't afford a whole lot. It now seems like it...
  4. P

Help, burning oil.

It is still going :( I don't know what to do at this point. We just went to michigan and back and used 2 quarts of oil. (1500 miles, approx) I am pretty bummed.
  5. P

Help, burning oil.

Yikes... I thought we had it figured out, Jac is outside pulling it apart atm. I am going to have him come in and read this so he can get some other ideas. Why is rebuiding not a good idea? Thanks for all this help!!! I appreciate it, Sarah :)
  6. P

Help, burning oil.

Bad turbo. The intercooler had quite a bit of oil in it. Hopefully I can get the turbo rebuilt. I'm thinking Diesel Components, the dealership wants over $1000 for a new one.
  7. P

Help, burning oil.

I use AMSoil 5w40 European Car Synth. My husband says we might want to change the kind of oil we are using and see if that changes anything. There are 99XXX miles on the car. I see white smoke when I start up and sometimes when I start to go at stop lights. Thanks for the responses! :)...
  8. P

Help, burning oil.

I am not leaking oil (as far as I can tell), so I assume it is burning, but I am going to pull that cover under the engine off and make sure (I am using so much I would assume it would spill over if I was leaking...maybe not) I am very new to this car stuff, please bare with me. :confused: I...
  9. P

MN Chat Thread

His name is Junkjeep on there, I think. He has a lot of information on doing that, and plans on doing another one. You should let him know if you need something. :)
  10. P

MN Chat Thread

That is why I got my TDI, too. I was getting 14 miles with my TJ! Now we are left with two XJ's. They are my husbands, and he does all the work to them. He is supercharging his red one. He built a stroker for it, and now he needs more power. :D He goes to MNJeep all the time for information...
  11. P

Oil consumption

98XXX miles, 2001, Put on about 2 thousand miles and needed 1qt 1/2! I have no clue about this, but it doesn't seem normal to me...(I use Amsoil european car) Any info would be appreciated! Sarah :)
  12. P

MN Chat Thread

Hey All! New to the boards, and to my 01' Jetta TDI. I found this board while searching for normal oil consumption of a diesel engine. This is my first diesel and I am a little concerned, but I am thinking I will find some good info on here. I am out in Shakopee, my husband and I are big...