Search results

1. Bigwally

Help!! DFCO NOT Working!!!

Dear GetMore. THANK YOU for ALL of Your help !! Indeed, currently, the ScanGuage shows that I'm using a lot of fuel, at idle!!! Happy, I'm about to leave on a trip (~1,200miles) from NE Wyoming to California, back to Denver Colorado, then Home again here to Devils Tower, WY. Will do carefull...
  2. Bigwally

THANK YOU "GetMore". Sorry for the lapse here...When I downshift or coast in gear, the scan gauge would previously show ~4,000mpg (confirming that the fuel WAS shut off), currently when I do the same the scan gauge shows ~40 mpg or less (confirming that fuel is still being supplied). Sorry to be...
  3. Bigwally

Yes, I hit a deer. Yes, the body shop did a Great job on new hood & fenders. However, my DFCO (De-celebration Fuel Cut Off) device (whatever it is) is NOT working. Previously, coasting in gear or downshifting would get me 4,000mpg on my scan guage. Its NOT that way any more!!! Can You help me...
  4. Bigwally

Frost heater & FMIC

Frost Heater !!...Installed by Terry Frost Himself !!! :rolleyes: Must admit that I'm NOT that much with a wrench, and anyway any kind of working on a car, outside, at this time of the year (don't have a garage) is NOT going to produce my Best work... :) Soooo traveled last weekend, to the...
  5. Bigwally

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Any Help for North East Wyoming??? :) I've read through all of the pages here and can find no one (well what does one expect) that is a "Trusted TDI Mechanic", in this area. No one in Wyoming, or South Dakota. The closest is Randy's Bug Works, near Billings Montana, about 4 hours away.Any other...
  6. Bigwally

Parley Diesel

:) :) Has anyone tried this chip or this exhaust system?? Do they live up to their promises?? Are they dependable?? Are there better ways to go for chips or exhausts?? I am Fuel Economy oriented, not so much performance oriented. THANK YOU for Your input. It is Truly appreciated !!!:) :)...
  7. Bigwally

Wyoming through Baja and Back to Sweet Wyoming

:) :D :) :D :) Just got home. Been on the road for a week. Left Devils Tower,WY at 6 pm last Thursday and returned here to the house last Friday, night, at 6 pm. Drove 75 miles short of 5,000 miles in between. Departing this Beloved, Devils Tower,in North East Wyoming I arrived at my Aunt Lell’s...
  8. Bigwally

700 Mile club Who's in?

I'm out here in the Wilds of Wyoming, with my 2001 Jetta, 5 speed manual, TDI. It is usually 125 miles round trip to get groceries, but then there are shorter trips, just in the Park, here, too. I own and run a B&B www.devilstowerlodge.com and I guide folks rock climbing up and down Devils...
  9. Bigwally

PURE BIO-DIESEL or a MIX

Petro-diesel is going for ~$2.79 in this corner of Reality !!!
  10. Bigwally

PURE BIO-DIESEL or a MIX

:) I am very NEW to the TDI world and totally NEW to Bio-Diesel. Last August I traded my Toyota V-6 truck (18 mpg)for a "2001 VW Jetta Gls Tdi 4D" with 76,000 miles on it. I Live in the Northeast corner of Wyoming, near Devils Tower.The change in gas milage was greatly appreciated as it is a 125...
  11. Bigwally

Just a Mortal, Looking for Milage

I'm new to the TDI world, but i Love it !! I live in N.E. Wyoming, at the base of Devils Tower. If You have ever been out here, You know that its a long way between places. For us its 125 miles round trip to the grocery store and Wal-Mart. Last August I swapped my Toyota 6 cylinder truck for a...