Search results

1. D

Anyone else being short changed on Mileage?

Can you remind me again where you are getting that the mileage numbers are adjusted directly by the restitution? ( the $50?) Every document I have read (not looking at Cheat sheet, predone calculation tables) states that the definition of vehicle value = Nada + mileage. Then the restitution is...
  2. D

All, So I have heard nothing back (surprise) so I'm going to have to followup again. I found the original document I had that actually told you the formula (forget all the charts). I still don't see how VW or you are getting the numbers.... Per the site...
  3. D

I love a good debate, even if I'm wrong :) But remember all, forget all the calculations. I was told that the mileage charts are just and estimate and that is why they gave me only $250. I simply ask you....where does it say the mileage chart is 'an estimate', and where did $250 come from...
  4. D

Yeah.. and as I mentioned, math can be funny, for example (5 * 4) + 2 = 22 5 * (4 + 2) = 30 Us and the courts are probably looking at the 30 value (I know I am) and VW is looking at the 22 value because it saves them money :) Just for kicks, I tried a few of the online calculators... one...
  5. D

Very interesting math all. Funny how you can get the different numbers depending on how you do the math. From my understanding of following the courts, the 5100 is restitution, has a Min amount and is the same whether you chose buyback or fix. AND many are getting more restitution than that. VW...
  6. D

Ironically had they not given me anything for my mileage I probably would have figured because my Appointment was on the 11th, and the real date was Sept 15, they weezled their way out of that extra month. But the fact they gave me $250 for mileage... gave me all I needed to simply ask... where...
  7. D

All... now that I'm on a computer.. I can break it all down... 2009 Jetta (no add on's), Northern California... My Calculations when the court approval first went through... Car "clean-trade in" $7950 <-- Straight out of the Nada Guide for Sep 2015 Restitution $5100...
  8. D

Official offer less than charts

On the claim site, in the faq section, there is one title something like "what can I do if the buyback amount is not what I expected". Under it they talk about how to fIle a discrepency and it is using snail mail I believe. A pain, but if you think you have your facts right, then for $300 , it's...
  9. D

2009 jetta tdi ... no extras...northern California...actual mileage was 101400 (I think)..adjusted was 83k-84k. Total should have been 13,350 and they gave me 13,oh..trade in feb. Pretty confident in my calc. I even started the post about how to do your calculations :-)
  10. D

Thanks all, and not looking to high jack the thread. (I started another one). But no it's not region, it's not value, all the numbers jives with the calculations correctly except for the mileage. Had I continued to drive the car I would have been at the +/- $0 bracket, but I purposely parked...
  11. D

When I spoke to them a month ago and went on record protesting the total buy back amount, they broke downe the numbers and the mileage was 250. At that time I asked where the 250 came from because there wasn't a mileage bracket anywhere close to mine that even had 250 as a number. We had ended...
  12. D

This is sort of a double post, but I wanted to put it under it's own title\thread to see if others have been short changed by VW for their mileage when they did the buyback. So these would be for those who have actually done the buyback and after the "mileage" got a different amount than what...
  13. D

Just thought I would mention I'm on the phone right now because I also actually got short changed on the mileage adjustment. The legal chart shows I fell in the +$300 range, however VW only gave me $250... they are claiming that the chart is just a "guide\estimate" Right now, I'm on hold...
  14. D

Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

Well yesterday was my turn in. Took 15min however VW is trying to short change me $50. I called claims and they basically said that they were only giving me +$250 for mileage. I told them according to the court documents it's a $300 bracket. In the end, they said all I can do is take the money...
  15. vw_cable

vw_cable

16. D

Ross-tech CAN Cable for sell

FS: Ross-tech Cable for sell $100 So I gave back the TDI today and now it's time to sell some of the accessories. This cable cost me $270 when I bought it but I'm not sure what the going rate is now, so make me a decent off and it is yours. I'm thinking $100 shipped to US.
  17. D

So what to do with our VCDS

Can I ask how much you got? I have an original cable (not knock off). I do have a cousin who has a VW ..maybe I'll see if he'll buy it. He's not into cars so he may not understand how much you need this if you own a vw.
  18. D

Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

I was part of the group of us that uploaded our documents as soon as the site went live, which was actually before the final gavel fell. I never had any rejections are any issues other than I just couldn't get my offer letter. It finally came a few days before Christmas. I signed notarized and...
  19. D

So what to do with our VCDS

Yeah I was wondering about that. I'll have to test it out to see what info I can pull.