Search results

1. P

Need a new transfer pump

Need a new transfer pump.... I think this one has rusted out.... No clicking noises when I run the SCR transfer pump with VCDS....
  2. P

Was 2015 the last year in Canada for the Audi A6 TDI and A7TDI?

Wondering how I would look in one..... I don't see too many on kijiiji or autotrader....
  3. P

Dust Shields

2015 Golf TDI - both dust shields have now fallen off the front rotors. Anyone else experience this? I've had dust shields rust off before, but the cars were much older... Not worried, the passenger side started rubbing against the rim about a year ago so I just tore it off, the driver...
  4. P

job change - working from home...

Just bought my 2015 Golf TDI 6 spd back in February to replace my 2006 Jetta TDI that I owned for 5 yrs. My work commute was 20K-24K km per year - for the past 7 yrs (I transitioned to part time about 14 months ago) I will be switching to a work a home schedule in the fall with a different...
  5. P

key fob convenience opening windows - went away and came back?

I did the VCDS settings a while back and made a couple changes in the MFD to turn them on and I was able to get the windows to open and close with the key fob with a hold of the lock or unlock buttons... Then, as soon as the weather warmed up.... I could not get them to work for the life of...
  6. P

Clean Key - my mk7 golf key went through the wash

Holy Cow. Our 2nd mk7 key went missing for about a day. It's my wife's key, and I think I was using it to jockey some cars around in the garage earlier this weekend... Anyways, it had been missing for about 24-48hrs... She just found it in our HE washer tonight after doing a couple loads of...
  7. P

comfort closing of windows with keyfob - VCDS

Has anyone done it? Is it hard to do? I'm a novice with VCDS - I have one of the legacy USB CAN/MicroHex cables. It apparently works with most VW's/Audi's from 2002 - 2015... Sometime in 2015 there is a cut off, and VCDS went to a licensing program per VIN. I have activated the windows...
  8. P

heat shield above muffler - 2015 Golf Hatchback TDI

The heatshield above the muffler on my 2015 golf is not attached by anything... It is just resting on top of the muffler. Surprisingly, I don't hear any rattling from it. I discovered it when installing a trailer hitch last week. Looks like it is designed to be held up with the push...
  9. P

trailer hitch install -2015 Golf Hatchback?

Who's installed a trailer hitch on a 2015 Golf TDI? Doing some preliminary research, it looks like you can get hitches for non -R models, and R models... I ASSume that the TDI would just use the non-R model, they don't differentiate between gas and diesel. Any drilling required? How was the...
  10. P

Getting a 2006 Jetta BRM 5 speed ready to sell.

Looking at getting my 2006 Jetta ready to sell. I've taking a quick look at kijiji and the prices are all over the map. There are a few going for 1200-1500, most seem to be asking $3000 range (but some listings are a month old), a few really high priced ones (I think I saw 3 over $5000)...
  11. P

mk7 golf vs 2006 mk5 Jetta

I picked up my mk7 golf back on Feb 11, 2019, and drove it daily pretty much since then. Up to that point, I had been driving a 2006 Jetta BRM for the past 5 yrs or so. I parked it in our driveway and took the road insurance off of it, and switched the winter tires off of it and put them on...
  12. P

darkside developments on YouTube

Anyone watch this? I'm thinking about subscribing... interesting carducation on TDI performance...
  13. P

My stock MK7 - 2015 Golf Hatchback TDI 6MT -week 1 review

I've had it for 1 week and drove it for 1500km, 1300km by me, and probably 200km by my wife. Each fill was about 700km worth. 1st fill calculated on pen and paper turned out to be about 5.3L/100km, the 2nd fill was 5.8L/100km. The 1st fill was mostly commuting to work, with very little city...
  14. P

cell phone holder, waze, nav etc.

Any waze users here? How do you like your smartphone holder setup? Got any pics? I came from a mkv Jetta TDI, and i had just recently put an Atoto Android Head unit in that car... With my wifi hotspot, it ran waze decently. I am looking at something similar for my new to me 2015 Golf TDI...
  15. P

Living with a Piggyback tuning box. what to monitor

I'm about to be a new owner of a 2015 Golf TDI with 66K km on it. I did the VCDS direct throttle and shutter vibration hacks... Looking for a little more umph. Because of the low mileage, and the generous Dieselgate PowerTrain and emissions warranty, I do not want to go with a Malone tune...
  16. P

16" MkV wheels on a 2015 golf tdi... I think they should fit...

My interweb research says they have the same bolt pattern and hub bore... I haven't confirmed offser. Wondering if my mkv wheels will fit...winter tires Wheels from the blue jetta onto the new white golf Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
  17. P

Are you driving a stock or tuned '15 Golf TDI (post fix)?

Do you love your stock post fix Golf TDI? or are you tuned? Found a low mileage 2015 Golf TDI 6MT about an hour away.... I took it for a 15 minute test drive through the north end of the GTA... Everything seems to work fine on it, - the vent for the rear seats is busted, but I can get a part...
  18. P

Considering a 2015 Golf TDI 6 speed manual for next commuter

Looking at a 2015 6 speed Golf TDI with pleather, no sunroof, alloy rim for my next commuter vehicle. I've driven a 2006 Jetta TDI 5 speed (Malone Stage 1.5 BRM) pleather, sunroof for the past 5 years, and it currently has 310,000km on it, I've put on almost 170,000km of them... Considering...
  19. P

Any 2014-2015 A6 TDI owners here?

Window shopping a few used examples near me... My DD 2006 Jetta TDI has 310,000km on it, and I'm looking maybe for a change... (I've had it almost 5 yrs, and drove it 170,000km...) Any commuters out there? What's your real world fuel economy? Fuelly doesn't seem to have a lot of A6 TDI...
  20. P

Looking for: BRM Auxiliary Heater in good working condition...

send me a pm if you have one, and how much? - shipping to Canada (Postal Code is N0B 2M1) Thanks, Peter