Search results

1. P

New release (non-beta) VCDS version available

getting ready to purchase vcds in the hex usb can version. I seem to remember that there used to be a limit to the number of cars that you can hook this to. Is that still the case?
  2. P

No head lights....help!!!

is it repairable or just replacable?
  3. P

so then I guess that the ign switch could be the culprit by that response.
  4. P

combo switch? I did try the wipers and they worked. Our ignition switch is getting *****y, and gets worse depending on how cold it is (meaning that sometimes it needs a wiggle for it to light the starter). It is supposed to warm up today. Do you think if I go home and the lights are working...
  5. P

Short story, the vehicle is an 03 golf tdi 5spd. Lights functioned as normal last night. This morning there are no headlights, and no blinkers. You can flash the highs, but no constant on. The lows don't come on at all. The blinkers work everywhere if hazard system is used. It was dark so...
  6. P

alignment woes

okay here is the info on the actual report sheet. As a note I bought the car new and the caster on the front right has never been in spec. Here is how it sits after the adjustments: Frnt Left camber -.3 rng:-1.0 to 0.0 in tol caster 7.2 rng:7.2 to 8.2 in tol toe -.01...
  7. P

alignment woes

Two weeks ago I had the golf aligned after I installed new struts. Everything was working great. Then last Friday the front end made contact with the pavement entering a parking lot (started pulling right). Since I have firestone lifetime alignment I dropped it off today. They tell me that...
  8. P

Dead turbo cured!!! you'll never quess!

Your exactly right. My lower cover is no more...it has been abused by its close proximity to the ground and was in such poor condition that I removed it. Maybe I'll go ahead and make that aluminum one I've been thinking about.
  9. P

Dead turbo cured!!! you'll never quess!

Last week I had a huge power loss in my vehicle while driving home from work. I don't have a vag com so I couldn't pull the code. I did some digging on here and checked the Maf sensor by unplugging and going for a ride. That didn't help except that my wife and I noticed that we werent'...
  10. P

Alternator pulley blues...cured

Alternator progress report!!! I have just rolled 150.000 miles and the alternator pulley still functions without a hitch. Just thought I would let everyone know. Later.
  11. P

WTB: TT/R32 Spindles, Shine suspension parts

thanks for the info indigo, but I believe that the h2sports lower your vehicle don't they? Ground clearance is a must for where I live, hence wanting to retain the stock ride height.
  12. P

I believe the following to be the p/n's of the items that I'm looking for: 8N0.407.255B 8N0.407.256B
  13. P

I have been reading for quite a long time here, but this is the first post in this forum I believe. We'll see if the info is in there now. I am looking for just the spindles/knuckles from the TT/R32 so that I can change my camber curves. I don't really have much interest in bigger brakes at...
  14. P

Just want to see if anyone has some audi TT or R32 spindles for sale. Also looking for Shine SRS pieces (springs and bar, not dampers unless they are really low miles) that need a good home. Would also be nice if anyone has ideas on where to find some spindles. thanks!
  15. P

Alternator pulley blues...cured

About two weeks ago I completed my 100,000 mile TB change on my 2003 TDI Golf. Everything went smoothly even though I didn't buy any special tools. I made a spanner for then TB tensioner. If anyone wants the dimensions I will post them. I believe that to be to only "out of the ordinary" tool...
  16. P

!!! All you guys with over 100k !!! change your lifters ASAP

Could be... It could be true that the stock oil pump is sufficient. It could also be true that the oil he was running was sufficient. His pictures definately show that he ran out of oil in any event. Whether his oil was totally wrong for the app(my number one hunch), there was not enough...
  17. P

!!! All you guys with over 100k !!! change your lifters ASAP

You guys are all missing the clues... Boost says his engine is modded. That means the oil is being subjected to higher thermal loading than normal. Like his friend said it looks as if they were starved for oil. They were. In addition to running too thin of a oil which the excessive heat...
  18. P

Which vendors should I use?

It is time for me to do the TB service on my 03 golf tdi. I have read through the procedures. None of that will be an issue. Where is the best place to get the TB kit from? I want a water pump included in the deal also. I also need the special tool kit. My shocks and struts are shot...