Search results

1. D

MKIV Golf: Fixing Hatch Boot Wiring

Well I'll be darn, I don't know if I ever noticed that color change between red and orange. Great suggestion! And thanks for responding! I'll double-check it, as it'd be nice to know BEFORE winter if I need to get back in there and re-do any of the repair. Thanks again for all your help!
  2. D

MKIV Golf: Fixing Hatch Boot Wiring

Hello. I just want to say a big thank you to the OP for creating this thread and also to everyone else that chimed in with tips/suggestions. My rear wiper had recently started randomly turning itself on, and searching the web and this site for the cause led me to this thread. I had noticed the...
  3. PXL_20220415_162300124.jpg

PXL_20220415_162300124.jpg

4. PXL_20220415_163121740.jpg

PXL_20220415_163121740.jpg

5. PXL_20220415_173839057.jpg

PXL_20220415_173839057.jpg

6. PXL_20220415_191656446.jpg

PXL_20220415_191656446.jpg

7. PXL_20220415_194344107.jpg

PXL_20220415_194344107.jpg

8. PXL_20220418_120828986.jpg

PXL_20220418_120828986.jpg

9. D

03 Golf worth fixing (fuel injector pump leaking)?

Ok, I was able to working setting the timing finally. I should have kept count of how many attempts it took before I finally got lucky, but it was a LOT haha! https://photos.app.goo.gl/cKNB5kDEa6hPZHkw7 I think it's pretty darn close. Not sure why VCSD says the engine isn't warm because it...
  10. D

Thanks for the tips guys! I just want to make sure they won't come loose once I get the timing set, but since this is my first experience with this process I just wasn't sure how critical they are. I'll see if I can get a torque wrench in the space, otherwise I'll just make sure their good and...
  11. D

I have one more questions on adjusting the timing. This guide says to tighten the three bolts on the sprocket "to 18ft‑lb (25 Nm)", implying I need a torque wrench. But the ID Parts video on the timing adjustment recommends using a very small rachet due to the limited space available. Should I...
  12. D

Whoops!! You're both right, I picked the wrong one... I saw the 03/1999 and thought it was an odd way to write 1999-03 engines, I didn't realize the next line was the correct one. And yes, I'd like less smoke better mpgs... https://photos.app.goo.gl/pinN368LG9nPRsi79 Hahaha!! Yes, it's...
  13. D

Ah ok thanks. It looks like I have intersecting yellow lines: https://photos.app.goo.gl/AwdpREJgKpSPURH19
  14. D

ok I took the plunge and did the reseal. I took a screenshot in VCSD of Basic Settings datablock 000 per the timing belt guide. I may need help understanding if I need adjustments now that I have it back together and thank God it started right up. Based on an the sound of it idling I can't tell...
  15. D

First, thank you for posting the line sizes! I was just looking to see what I'd need to prime the pump, so that's super helpful! Great idea on checking the bolt tightness. I'm going to try to do that today once I find or buy the T30 torx bit (I can't remember if I have one already). Edit: no...
  16. D

Just a note: I finally found the Trusted TDI mechanics thread. The irony is both the ones listed for Wilmington NC are the ones I tried first. One of them didn't replace all the rollers during a timing belt job (Dave's) and the other (German Speed Merchants) really went downhill since the first...
  17. D

Thank you!! I wasn't sure I had found the real thing, but for some reason when I was looking the other day I didn't find the link you gave. Much appreciated!!
  18. D

I have no idea who rebuilt the pump (I believe he actually got a rebuild one and sent my core back to his supplier). I took at look at the pump with the car running, after wiping it off to make sure I could see any leaking. It's definitely leaking on the lower main seal on both sides, and it...
  19. D

Thank you all very much for taking the time to reply! I really appreciate all the advice! I was doing some looking around myself at parts prices and such was starting to get the feeling their quote was on the high end. I've had a couple not so-stellar experiences with some of the other shops in...
  20. D

Hi all. I haven't posted in awhile, but I would be interested in some feedback. I've had an 03 Golf TDI 5spd 4dr since 2006 and it's been a great car. It's got about 275k miles on it at this point. I've replaced plenty of things over the years, but now I'm in a bit of a conundrum. About 6 years...