Search results

1. T

Emission software letter?

I just got this today for my 2010 as well. A little late considering my car has already had a DPF replacement and an exhaust flap replacement. At least I didn't pay for them. There's a cost reimbursement form attached to it as well.
  2. T

DSG Leak at Electrical Connector

I will clean it off and see what happens. The car has 70k miles and everything has been bone dry up to this point. The DSG was serviced by the dealer about 20k miles ago and I've never seen anything in the last couple oil changes before this. To me it seems to be a little more than seepage...
  3. T

Bump, doesn't anyone know if just this connector and/or o-rings are available?
  4. T

Yeah, I tried that, but it didn't want to give, and I didn't want to snap it off. It almost looks like it's not even in there straight, but I don't see how this type of plug would even allow that to happen. As far as I know it's the connector for the mechatronic unit, and I can't seem to find...
  5. T

When I did my last oil change I noticed my car was leaking DSG fluid. After searching on here it seemed likely to be the filter o-ring so I went ahead and ordered one. I went to change it today and after removing the airbox it was apparent that wasn't the culprit. Here's a pic of where the...
  6. T

Did all dealers raise their oil/filter prices?

Read it again, he originally said 40k DSG service, and that's what I was talking about.
  7. T

I feel for you on that one...when I got mine done I paid $333. Due again in 10k miles. I'm sure it went up if they raised their fluid prices. I''m expecting closer to $400 next time.
  8. T

No, the oil didn't annoy me, but the fuel filter price did. I merely mentioned all of those because everything I bought was an increase over last time to some degree.
  9. T

Yeah I usually order most other things from ECS, and they are cheaper on oil and filters than the dealer by a small amount, but with shipping it's still more.
  10. T

DSG Transmission Filter O-ring Warning

Thanks for the info...looking at the procedure it looks as though my best option is to do it the factory way, but fill through the filter hole. In my case, I would just remove the drain plug but leave the plastic snorkel insert in place, then fill from the filter location until I get overflow...
  11. T

DSG Transmission Filter O-ring Warning

I discovered a leak on mine at this spot a couple of days ago. I had my service done at the dealer over 15k miles ago and they used an oem o-ring. I guess I'm going to have to get in there and replace it. Can I just fill from the filter location when I replace the o-ring to make sure the...
  12. T

I went to the dealer a couple days ago to pick up everything i needed for an oil change as well as a fuel filter change on my 2010. I only bought 4 quarts of oil since I have a partial to use up from previous changes. So I got 4 quarts of LL03 oil, oil filter, fuel filter, and drain plug...
  13. T

'10 Jetta Sportwagen Fuel Filter?

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=424539 This thread might help a little. My car was doing that and eventually threw an injector contribution fault code. After the dealer reflash I haven't had it stall again and that's been over two months now.
  14. T

Should I upgrade or not?

+1 If you can't afford $500, put away what you can afford to. It's a good idea to sort of "pretend" you have a payment when you don't. Two things good from this come to mind. First, you might not even need to finance a car in the first place when the time actually comes to buy another one...
  15. T

2010 Jetta - DPF Excessive Soot Acumulation

+1 I wouldn't recommend blocking off airflow to the cooling system for any reason, and doing it to raise exhaust temps, well, I doubt it's going to work for that anyway. So let's just change "do not attempt unless..." to "do not attempt".
  16. T

2010 DSG: Occasional rough idle and a stall at a red light.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=424539 Read through this, there might be some helpful info. It's now been fine for a month so far.
  17. T

FS(DE): Scangauge, vent pod, euroswitch MKV

Euroswitch is no longer available, everything else is still for sale.
  18. T

2009 Jetta TDI start problems

That's the one, there's a recall on it. Check yours. http://www.vw.com/web/vw/recall/index.html Mine was replaced the day after the recall came out while I happened to be in for another service.
  19. T

2009 Jetta TDI start problems

Glad the battery was the issue. As far as the lights go, as tdiatlast stated, please elaborate a little. There has been a recent recall on these cars involving the fuse/fuse panel and it could possibly be related.