Search results

1. Gawd129

1.6L Diesel going into a 1996 Jetta Trek

The guy that did the swap came by today to take a look. It was dark when he got here and we didn't make a lot of progress, but he said some things that shed some light on what might have happened. It seems to be stuck in 5th gear. It probably got that way while I was on the freeway on the way...
  2. Gawd129

Ecstatic and crushed Hey guys, its time for an update. I picked up the Jetta yesterday afternoon, and theres some good news and some bad news. Firstly, a bath is in definitely in order. The glow plug toggle set up when the original diesel swap was done is now quite wonky. The temp gauge, tach...
  3. Gawd129

I thought that might have something to do with it. Thanks, I'll try that out as soon as he or I are able to get out to the vehicle. As for the reason behind the 1.6 in the MK3: the economics of the available. Thanks guys, awesome as always. I'll keep you guys posted.
  4. Gawd129

Hey guys, I am once again in need of the immense wisdom of this forum. The car I've been driving for the last couple years has been a 1996 Jetta Trek with a 1986 1.6 diesel in it. I bought it with the engine swap completed and everything had been great until the engine died on me a couple of...
  5. Gawd129

Frequently asked Questions

Ah, i probably should have mentioned that it's got an A2 1.6 NA swap in it. Thanks for the advice, i'll go attack the grounds right now.
  6. Gawd129

Frequently asked Questions

I have an issue with my '96 MKIII that seems like someone must have dealt with it before, but I'm not sure whether to classify it "Frequent", but I thought it entertaining/annoying enough to ask. I'm having some kind of electronics issue. All at once, my power locks, sunroof, and fan don't...
  7. Gawd129

West Coast, I need your help!! =-D

THanks everybody! Keep it commin!!! =D
  8. Gawd129

Nah LA, we actually live in Bellingham Washington and are an independant company. Just a little family thing with a couple part time employees. Good eye though =) Keep on voting guys! hahah I've got VWVortex helpin out too =) I love you all! Thanks!
  9. Gawd129

Here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcKpIB1HYKM
  10. Gawd129

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansi....html =-D
  11. Gawd129

If you've seen the show Dirty Jobs, you know how many jobs Mike Rowe has taken part in over the last few years. In celebration of his 150th episode, he's throwing a big party for all the people that have been on the show, and holding a voting for the best. My father was the (hopefully soon to...
  12. Gawd129

My new 86 Diesel Jetta

I almost made it a week without issue... Having an issue that I ended up going to the shop for last time, and don't want to do that all over again. As soon as i turn the key it's obvious somethings wrong. Dash lights are all dim and flickering. Once i turn the key to ignition all the lights shut...
  13. Gawd129

GTG IN Langley area?

Hey, good to hear about another gtg. Hope i can make it. Lookin forward to it. =)
  14. Gawd129

My new 86 Diesel Jetta

haha! That's some crazy luck. Still a bit nervous about this whole thing though. Might consider selling it and getting a 98 tdi... a good 12 years newer. And i haven't seen too many diesel Jettas sported to the degree mine is, so maybe i can catch an extra few novelty bucks. MKII diesels in...
  15. Gawd129

My new 86 Diesel Jetta

So i got it back and... it runs... well... like better than before... Strange.
  16. Gawd129

My new 86 Diesel Jetta

I'm looking into a tricycle.
  17. Gawd129

My new 86 Diesel Jetta

If this engine is toast, then i'm done with this car all together. I'm gonna take out a damn loan and try and find a nice 98 tdi. Maybe newer. I just can't handle the constant maintenance and breakdowns. Blarghg
  18. Gawd129

My new 86 Diesel Jetta

Didn't take the head off, but put a new belt on and got things fixed up a bit and it now... runs... well... I get it back on monday and i'll know more then. There is a God. And for some reason s/he has spared me.
  19. Gawd129

My new 86 Diesel Jetta

Apparently i've witnessed a miracle. While it was two notches off, it didn't actually do seemingly any damage... i'll get back to you when i know more.
  20. Gawd129

My new 86 Diesel Jetta

='( I've spent all my money keeping this damn car running... what now... ='(