Search results

1. I

alh m-Tdi marinisation to match Mercruiser Gen1 drive

? Not sure if i can follow. I build and recommended a closed loop circus with antifreeze.
  2. I

@ PickleRick See my answers to your earlier post in green below. "What kind of pump are you using to pump raw water through your heat exchanger? Ive been looking for a belt drive pump to put in place of the ac compressor." I decided to use the original outdrive pump. The flowrate is...
  3. I

That would be a option, but i also want the possibility to use the engine like a generator when the boat is docked and extra power is needed. pretty sure i can manage the belt issue, in any case, would switch to 8pk if 6 fails.
  4. I

Here some pics of my 1Z on OMC stringer build. We will have to build 2 of them, they are going to power a 38' Cytra Ambassador mainly used for low speed canal cruising in France. The engine is angled 20deg, just like the original Jetta setup. It turned out with the same width as the OMC...
  5. I

I have a Cummins 4BT marine turbo and wet manifold sitting at home, inner workings no difference to the automotive version.so all thats left to say: see caterpillar patent. Marine manifolds/turbos Specifically designed (other than a water pocket around them), nope.
  6. I

So here finally the promised follow up, the work listed here was done in spring 2017. I noticed performance issues with the water jacketed exhaust manifold that i installed Summer 2016. The boat had difficulties to plane, black smoke. The previous version utilizing a Jetta 180 deg rotated SDI...
  7. I

Hi Rich, Hi AchTTung, currently working on redesigning the cooling system. I will place the thermostat into the manifold housing (the way its done with the VW marine engine and others). Had issues with the manifold getting to hot after slowing down from full throttle operation. Will install...
  8. I

its part of the air to water intercooler circuit, plan to add a watercooled alternator to it.
  9. I

Below pics of the latest generation set. The engine is now tilted 15deg in order to win headroom for the Turbo, just like the original Jetta configuration. All components are tightly packed to the engine now including the intercooler. Will update the thread soon with some more pics.
  10. I

Finalized a major upgrade of all components with heat exchanger and intercooler. Will test the upgrade next month. Will post details and pics as soon as i have time. Since i build plenty of tooling for casting exhaust manifold and transmission bell, heat exchanger end cabs and for fixtures for...
  11. I

Hi Jrnj, sorry for the late reply here, have not been active in the forum for a while. The project is still ongoing, things take much longer than expected, as usual ;-) So far i have the adapter plate ready and the coupler plus a setup with silicone oil filled engine mounts. These mounts are...
  12. I

Hi sauvesun, all right i keep you posted. Hi CoolairVW, all or almost all marine manifolds are water cooled, otherwise heat would build up in the engine room, especially in very tight modern engine compartments.
  13. I

I'm planning to offer a complete kit including the harness, bell and exhaust manifold, once its all done and tried. Let me know if you want to become a beta tester ;-)
  14. I

Flywheel and engine side starter are from the industrial engine, Linde forklift i think...
  15. I

After many long nights i finally succeeded to eliminate all diagnostic trouble codes related to the minimum harness i built. The ECU (EDC15) complained about the missing instrument cluster, missing ABS unit, Aircon module and so on. Finally no error messages appear, even in VCDS.
  16. I

To my surprise the boat is not noticeably louder then it used to be powered by the V8. What you hear in the video might be misleading.
  17. I

Here a short Video showing the acceleration from wake speed to Plane @ 22mph. The only disadvantage of the mechanical injection VS original electronic injection would be low speed vibration, it seems the electronically managed power plant runs much smoother at low rpm. This is especially...
  18. I

25 feet searay cabin cruiser.
  19. I

Reached 22mph yesterday with four people on board. Will provide a video asap. Had 50/50 water/methanol injected to keep exhaust temps down and gain extra power.
  20. I

Yep putting a water cooled jacket around my GT25 turbo is the next project....