Search results

1. evguy1

2008 Jeep JKU / TDI swap

I did not hook it up as we don't normally get very hot here. On my other swaps I used the stock controls to run the AC compressor on the TDI.
  2. evguy1

2008 Jeep JKU / TDI swap

Sorry for the delay, I don't read this very often. Hopefully you have this all figured out but here is what I did for anyone else reading this. I have done three of these swaps and all three just used the stock vehicles (Jeep/Ford) radiator and expansion tank. I think the only thing you have to...
  3. evguy1

Jeep Wrangler JK BHW 2.0 TDI Swap

Are those engine mount in the Vid polly? May shake your teeth out. I had soft rubber and went fluid in the end due to vibration.
  4. evguy1

2008 Jeep JKU / TDI swap

Yup stock rad and fan, never any overheating issues at all. You can see the top hose pretty clearly in the picture, from the top rad inlet to the back of the head I put a metal pipe in the middel that has the Jeep temp sender in it and the air blead from the back of the head also ties into that...
  5. evguy1

Dodge Dakota Quad 4X4 ALH

Thanks, No it will not rub. https://www.ramforum.com/threads/rambo-old-farts-last-build.160780/
  6. evguy1

Looking good. You will love the NSG370, nice low first gear.
  7. evguy1

On mine I just scribed a new line on the dip stick at the correct oil level and made a MAP mount from a piece of aluminum welded to the intake.
  8. evguy1

I sold TDC last year so no problem here, I was just curious. For your use the starter avalabillity is a good reason. Most guys are in the US where the mini starter is readily available and the clocking can be a nice option in some applications. I also mounted my JKU TDI vertical, lots of room in...
  9. evguy1

Did you really buy a HPA adapter? :(
  10. evguy1

I love this truck. Nice clean work and nice to see it back on the road.
  11. evguy1

tdi into a 67 Jeepster Commando

I just assumed the top set of holes on the Chevy/BOP adapter were the Chevy ones but they must be the BOP ones? so yea not enough material on the TDC adapter for that.
  12. evguy1

tdi into a 67 Jeepster Commando

From what I can see online you should be able to use the TD Conversions adapter, bolt it to the trans and drill the holes that are missing using the Buick trans as a drill guide? The dowels are the important part to align the adapter and trans so if they are the same then this should be easy for...
  13. evguy1

1992 isuzu to diesel TDI swap

I assure you David (Fastforward) is still in business.
  14. evguy1

Custom check engine light

I think the only way to drive an aftermarket light from the TDI ECU is with Davids box. Have you seen these LED's? I have a couple on order and hope they are good. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08K8J4VY2/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  15. evguy1

BHW meets A340F...any pointers before going stand alone

Wow, I suck. I had just scanned your first post and saw 3L V6 and the word Ford and assumed you were using Ford running gear. My Ranger swap info may not help much then and I have not done a Toyota swap.
  16. evguy1

BHW meets A340F...any pointers before going stand alone

I did an 05 Ranger with an automatic a few years ago. Used the TDI pedal for the Ford TPS signal. Had to add a small resistor to get the voltage correct but don't remember much else about it. I had lots of help from the guys on the Rangerstation forum so you should be able to find the info on...
  17. evguy1

1.9 hard starting

I don't have an answer for you but usually this forum has lots of smart guys on it that can help. They must all be on holidays. ;>)
  18. evguy1

TDI swap with AC/Heat into classic?

My Cummins powered Dakota just has a dash switch, pressure switch in the high side and a temp sensor switch in the evaporator all in series with the compressor relay ground. Ignition power to the positive side of the relay. Its worked very well this way for the last 8 years.
  19. evguy1

Swapping a TDI into a Land Rover

The TD Conversions adapter is clockable so you have a few choices as to what angle the engine sits at. Really helps when trying to arrange the engine compartment. One of the later common rail TDI's would be pretty cool. David at Fastforward can build you a harness for any of the VW engines.
  20. evguy1

TDI swap with AC/Heat into classic?

What they said. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The HVAC housings are molded to the shape of the firewall and dash. Installing the VW one into the Chevy is going to be painfull and look like crap in the end. Blower inlet and ducting outlets will all be in the wrong places and molded to the...