Search results

1. N

FS: 2004-2006 Beetle CV Axles

Still wanting to get rid of, otherwise I'll just throw them away.
  2. N

PM me an offer shipped. Whatever you think is fair.
  3. N

Cleaning out the garage, have both OE CV Axles from my 2004 VW Beetle TDI that I sold a while back. Would prefer to sell as a pair. I replaced these axles because the inner CV boots tore, which I should have just had the boots replaced as the aftermarket axle for the passenger side I got...
  4. N

HELP! $900 Repair After 2009 TDI Modification Fix

Sorry, but you're kind of screwed. The dual mass flywheels are a common problem, my 04' cost $1,800 to have it replaced. And then the replacement failed the next month. And then that replacement still made noises the day I picked it up.
  5. N

lifespan of a 2.0L TDI Golf Wagon?

Anything will run long enough as long as you pour in enough money for repairs. Get out a calculator and actually do some calculations. How much is a liter per fuel, what's your fuel economy and what's the actual fuel economy of a comparable car?
  6. N

Thanks and so long . . .

I paid $9,990 for my 2015 Sonata. What do I have to worry about resale value? I paid pennies for it. It's rated for 37 on the highway Mine isn't a hybrid. I've had a hybrid one as a rental and didn't care for it. 2014 is the highest year that's part of the recall.
  7. N

Thanks and so long . . .

Got back from a 400 mile trip in my non-hybrid Sonata today, 35 mpg driving it hard. The TDI (automatic) would have gotten about 39 mpg. Diesel fuel costs 8.7% more than gasoline but the diesel got 10.2% better mpg than my car. This 400 mile trip would have been $0.64 cheaper in the TDI. No...
  8. N

Thanks and so long . . .

Lol! My Sonata goes further on a tank than the TDI ever did. And only costs about $4 a week more to drive in fuel costs, definitely not breaking the bank. No timing belt replacements and DSG fluid changes so it's a lot cheaper to own. Oh, and so far I don't see it needing over $5k in repairs in...
  9. N

Bosch settlement

The Bosch letter I got said that anyone who registered for the buyback/repair is already signed up for the Bosch settlement and that no further action is required.
  10. N

Aging BB car for better buyback amt ?

Just pray that it runs next year and the HPFP doesn't crap out. Not worth the liability and having to deal with having the car laying around
  11. N

The Epic Saga of a Rare Bird

After all this nonsense you're keeping this heaping pile of junk? A car that needs $4,000 worth of work to pass emissions? A car that needs regular timing belt replacements and is known to have HPFP issues galore? All for a few mpg? Sorry, I've fallen off the TDI bandwagon. After it drained my...
  12. N

Still Waiting - not Patiently after 6 months!

It would be like he was standing in line at the grocery store for 6 hours straight. Why don't you call over a manager, get in another line, or ask the cashier why they are taking so long? The reason he's standing in line for 6 hours is because the barcode on his box of cereal won't scan properly...
  13. N

Still Waiting - not Patiently after 6 months!

You need to see a doctor for your mental illness. You've got some uncontrollable rage, and quite frankly, need to grow up. You've been sitting on your hands for 6 months? Why haven't you been calling trying to figure it out? Most of this waiting process has been your fault, you can't expect a...
  14. N

Goodbye Beetle, you won't be missed.

Helped a family member turn in their 2013 VW Beetle today with 54k miles. It's been sitting for 4 months awaiting the buyback. Fortunately she bought an extended warranty for it because this car has been a pile. Are some of these common problems? -Power windows falling off tracks, dealer...
  15. N

Jetta turn in appointment this Wednesday - will not start

Hook up some jumper cables from another car to it or call a tow truck for a jump start. If they can't jump it, while they're there have them tow it.
  16. N

CEL just came on

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=P0000+code+VW
  17. N

My personal TDI buyback story

In your posts you say you have a Jetta SportWagen and then you talk about loving your Golf SportWagen. So which is it?
  18. N

Collision Damage - Write off or fix and take Buyback

Take the insurance money. Say you'll fix it in the future. Then schedule the buyback and get rid of it. It is driveable, right?
  19. N

RIP: [warning: crushed car pics]

Brings tears of joy to my eyes.