Search results

1. S

BHW TDI allroad build questions

1) no need to do anything special. Just connect the 3 wires from the HVAC to the ECU. 2 of them are the same colors as in the passat. You connect them to the same pins. The 3rd one is for the RPM. It's pin 28 if my memory is good(It could be 27 though). You can use a multimeter to check the...
  2. S

2004 Allroad BHW Conversion

About your ABS issues, which VCDS cable are you using? I had the 12.12 version and I was not able to connect to some modules. Then I got the 17.3 version and everything was fine. I have a 2005 Allroad with the BHW engine + 6spd as well. You could try with another VCDS cable to see how it goes...
  3. S

Golf MKIV Smyth Ute Project

That's a good idea:). I'll definitely look into it. Thanks a lot!
  4. S

BHW poor fuel economy PD TDI

the brakes on all 4 wheels are free. No extra friction anywhere.
  5. S

Thanks, I'll try to put a mension jar with diesel before the fuel filter and dip the 2 fuel lines in it and remove the fuel pump relay to see if it makes a difference. A run around the block will be enough I guess. This way I could tell for sure if it's related to the lift pump
  6. S

Have you tried to scan it? Do you have any codes? Why the in-tank fuel pump? it usually serves as a lift pump for 1-2 sec when you turn the ignition on.
  7. S

I will take a look at it again. It was clean when I replaced the air filter though.
  8. S

Injection quantity, old(before diesel purge) -0.47 -0.07 0.38 0.16 new(after diesel purge) -1.34 0.21 1.27 -0.14 What do you guys think about these numbers? Somebody said I should try to readjust the injectors.
  9. S

I have it tuned by Neurotuning. Boost requested vs actual is good. THe fuel economy used to be good. Sometimes it would get under 6l/100km(calculated at the pump) on long trips + a light foot.
  10. S

it was after the car was modded. The car is a C5 Allroad. I usually cruise at 90-100kmh. That's around 1800-2000rpm in 6th gear. from those 85000km, around 40 000km were in Mexico and many short trips(5-10km trips where the engine didn't even reach operating temp). I guess that's what jammed the...
  11. S

Golf MKIV Smyth Ute Project

Congratulations mate! That's a nice build! I was wondering if you have enough room to slide the seats back in case you need to remove them. I'm considering doing the same thing with a TDI swapped Allroad and building a mimcro camper in the back.
  12. S

I've been chasing this high fuel consumption issue for over a year now. The engine has a stage 2 colt cam(85000km old), EGR & MAF delete.Fuel and air filters were replaced, fuel and coolant sensor are new(the fuel sensor was bad), torsion value is 0, the turbo was replaced(jammed VNT). No...
  13. S

C5 Allroad 2005 BHW-> 1.2TDI PD or CR

The idea is to convert the allroad into a pick up and build a small camper on it. It won't be pulling it. The low range gearbox is something I'll be installing once the camper is done. It's more for steep hills in the mountains. I'll be taking it to south america for the next trip. I did central...
  14. S

I'm getting motivated by the guy who built an A8 D2 (FWD) 1.2tdi. It has about the same curb weight as the C5 Allroad. At 120hp (210ft-lb) the 1.2tdi would be a bit less powerful than the stock BHW 136hp (247ft-lb). Not sure about how reliable it will be at 2x the stock hp. I'll try to contact...
  15. S

I find the BHW has way more power than I need. It's nice to drive but I want to build a camper on the back of the allroad(Romahome style). I travel a lot with it( I've already done Canada, USA and part of central America. I would like to have something that gets me 1500km(~930miles) from a full...
  16. S

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ekotuning/photos/?tab=album&album_id=726508297363058 This guy didn't use an adapter plate to mate the 1.2tdi engine to a 2.5tdi gearbox
  17. S

I have an Allroad 2005 6spd manual with the BHW engine(2.7t 6spd originally) and I wan't to downgrade it to a 3cyl TDI. From my research it looks like the 1.2TDI(PD) ANY and AYZ codes don't share the same bolt pattern as the other 4cyl vag engines. What about the 1.2TDI (CR) CFWA code? How...
  18. S

Eurotrash Motorsports: W8 4Motion to BHW swap

From what i found the only engine with a clutch regulated a/c is the 2.7T/2.8 Do you remember how you did the wiring and what coding you used for the climate control module?
  19. S

Parting out: 2004 Passat BHW

I guess it was working. Would you ship thing to Mexico?. I hve an Allroad woth the BHW engine that I drove to Cancun but the a/c is trying to give me a hard time. I might need some electronics as well.
  20. S

Eurotrash Motorsports: W8 4Motion to BHW swap

Which engine did you use in the A6? I put a BHW in my Allroad and I have some problems with the a/c. There are 3 wires going into the ECU from the Climate control module. On the BHW they are only 2. As I saw on another post I connected 2 of them together(I could check which ones exactly) and the...