Search results

1. lawallac

Which Clutch to Use

80,000 miles ago I bought the SBC stg 3 kit, just looked I paid 759.00 for it back then. The stg 2 endurance is well over 100 less at 629.00. But I bought it in anticipation of a slipping clutch. Well at 203,000 miles, a 17/22, pp520s, and a RC4+, it's never slipped. Like never, so I've yet...
  2. lawallac

Winter tires, whos put them on?

I've been happy with my Blizzaks for 3 seasons. Absolutley amazed!
  3. lawallac

FS: Aristos in WI

Bump for a sweet set of wheels! I've got his tails and absolutely love them. Anyways somebody pick up this deal already on some. Are these the OZ or the Ronal Aristos?
  4. lawallac

Ariettas on my 2002 Jetta

Yeah next month will be nicer with no payments :) BTW I've read your thread and your car is similar to mine so I like seeing what works for you. I'd like to upgrade the pp520s, but I think that it's pretty ridiculous to even consider that what you might buy isn't assured to be a balanced set...
  5. lawallac

Ariettas on my 2002 Jetta

Wow what a good feeling. Made the final bank payment for my car today! Essentially the car is the same as in the first post with the change to '04 tails and brand new rubber I picked up on Sat.:)
  6. lawallac

Epic Window Failure (EWF)

Same thing happened to me. Except... I was in the automatic car wash. The drivers side fell right inside the door. The the final pass of the rinse cycle got me pretty good. It was pretty damn cold. Then, when going out through the blowers the passenger side fell in. I'd love to have seen my...
  7. lawallac

Rant on customers...again....

I totally agree with you, I wouldn't want to replace it with junk parts. But I will say this, the Toyota caliper was the one that failed in the first place. There is a TSB for the front caliper having too close of a fit and causing a clunk when reversing. This was the rear caliper that failed...
  8. lawallac

New custom boost gauge

From what I remember, doesn't the calibration screen disappear if you continue turning the key past the point, w/o going to start, where it first appears. I always did it exactly to the point where if first appeared then stopped like the link in my signature. I'll have to try it out as you...
  9. lawallac

Rant on customers...again....

I took my FJ to the dealer last week because of grinding brakes. Dealer says you're gonna need rotor, caliper, and pads. This is because the caliper froze up. That'll be $750.00. Well they continue to tell me that even though it has 16,800 mi they won't cover it because the 36 mo...
  10. lawallac

17/22 sound

I miss the spaceship whine of the 15 when going on bridges or alleys with the windows down. But the power you get, with the 1722, above 45mph makes it worth it. The 15 just felt like it didn't have the lungs. When mine is making boost it spools and then sounds like the f word, any f...
  11. lawallac

I Want Smoke

I think members would take this thread more seriously if you would be more specific about what you want to achieve here. You said you want you're car to smoke. You don't want it to lose efficiency. Yes, you can have both, just not at the same time. Most on here want to maximize power and...
  12. lawallac

I Want Smoke

You need to read the sticky: "Do you smoke with bigger holes" ps ...and do the opposite
  13. lawallac

Show what you tow!

Not mine but a friend took this from Canton, OH to Abq, NM.
  14. lawallac

New custom boost gauge

Doniol, The boost reads great on my gauge but the egt has stopped working for the most part. It was very quick to read but I'm not sure if the the egt sensor has failed or what it's doing. I would like the functionality back. Any suggestions? It does appear to often seem to read...
  15. lawallac

Campbell Performance BlackBox dyno results

The car doesn't appear to have the 04 tails. So I believe it is the 03 mentioned with 10-14 Hp correction factor. I don't know if the 3bar map would make a difference but it could.
  16. lawallac

No Diesel for Ford F-150

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1038052 No Diesel for Ford F-150 Ford's previously announced diesel-powered F-150 has been put on hold indefinitely as gasoline prices stay consistently lower than the cost of diesel fuel. By Amy Wilson of AutoWeek Click to enlarge...
  17. lawallac

17/22 + RC3+ First Impressions

I think he may have diversified the classifications of the tunes more now. Tunes are specific to the customer as far as fueling and boost within limits of the classification. The number is just an assignment to those parameters. But, there seems to be some overlap. Also, and this is...
  18. lawallac

Help with TopGear.com project/RocketChip

The cost, although I must have missed the price of the conversion, along with MPG was another factor in their decision. But, the other thing they were trying to achieve was a 7s 0-60 car. The 1000# savings there would certainly not hurt.
  19. lawallac

Digital dash

That really looks great. Good luck with your efforts. I have not seen that done before. I would not be surprised if this becomes more of a standard as it has in some other industries. How many different gauge styles will you have?
  20. lawallac

Help with TopGear.com project/RocketChip

I think they are being way conservative with the nozzels. I don't see why they don't give pp502s a try. Then aquire a "used" vnt17 followed by a reflash. Maybe 800.00 or less if both used or aquired in swap or something and way more interesting than just a mild nozzel/tune. I'm thinking north...