Search results

1. E

2006 Jetta TDI 5-spd pk2 Garrett PD140 RC1

2006 Jetta TDI 5-spd pk2 Garrett PD140 RC1 $2000 obo Price drop 1500 firm Would like to see this car go to a TDI club member! 2006 Jetta TDI 5-speed manual https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/d/bohemia-2006-jetta-tdi-5-speed-manual/6893181715.html 228K miles package 2 loaded, only option...
  2. E

Cracked fuel tank / filler neck argh!

Filled up the tank to the very top on the filler neck (as always) then noticed that I had diesel leaking from under the car in the area of the filler neck. Took it to the local dealer to get in on a lift and they say the leak is where the filler neck meets the tank. They say the tank & filler...
  3. E

New York State TDI inspection confusion

Just got my 06 Jetta TDI inspected at a private repair shop, I was told that when hooked up to the emissions machine it registered as a gas vehicle and the charge was $36, they showed me on the test form. I told them I always had the $10 safety inspection since I've owned it - basically a safety...
  4. E

front caliper carrier bolts

I've re-used these TTY bolts for 2 or 3 rotor changes now - always forget to order them. None of the dealerships in my area had them in stock when I had the car apart on Saturday - hard to believe since I'd think it's common part - unless dealer service depts really don't change these out on...
  5. E

5-spd transmisssion leak clutch slave

5-spd transmisssion - leaking flange seal or differential bearings? on my 06 BRM 5-speed trans I saw a puddle of trans fluid under the car after it sat all day from my drive into work. looking underneath the fluid was dripping from the drivers/trans side of the plastic belly plate. I drove it...
  6. E

WTB: 2005.5-2006 Jetta Package 2 driver seat, leather/power

Looking for a 2005.5 - 2006 package 2 drivers seat in dark grey. This is the full power everything + lumbar and memory seat, very hard to find. I'd take any color (light grey or tan), if you are looking to sell the whole interior let me know. cash waiting, I have a 2006 package 2 full leather...
  7. E

down-grade 2006 package 2 seat to pakage 1 or 0

The electric/power everything 2006 package 2 seats are really neat until the various electric motors stop working. Like the one that raises the rear of the seat. Really nice when this gets stuck in the highest possible position. Gotta love valet parking! Rater than trying to fix this motor in...
  8. E

fuel cooler p/n 2006 BRM

anyone have the correct part number/name of this unit? - thanks in advance! this is for an early vin dec build. after 130K miles of NYC driving I finally hit some major debris, a brick I think, and it took out my fuel cooler this morning. I heard the loud thump and immediately smelled D2...
  9. E

p/n for 3rd brake light 2006 Jetta

I had an NYS inspection done on my 06 Jetta and was told my 3rd brake light is out but there has been no bulb out indicator on the instrument cluster. The inspection shop thought is was a quick bulb change but then they told me it was a circuit board that had to be replaced? Anyone else have...
  10. E

fault code 00906 - Horn (H1)

got this code and the horns dont work 00906 - Horn (H1) 009 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent is there a standard VW SOP to trouble shoot this? The wiring to the horns seems OK. I plan to remove them and bench test but could this just be the horn relay? How does VW instruct the techs...
  11. E

2006 Horn Failure

About 6 months ago one of my horns failed - not sure which one - I never could tell from inside the car. Yesterday the other horn died. I commute through NYC everyday so my horns get used daily, allot :). Any ideas if this failure is the controller under the dash or the horns themselves? I...
  12. E

VW Rabbit TDI coming in fall 2009, Tiguan not likely anytime soon

AutoblogGreen Story "We're here in Santa Monica, CA today for the first media drives of the new 2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI, so we did some asking around about additional diesel models for the lineup. VW of American Communications Director Steve Keyes filled in some details. First up, as...
  13. E

FT: my 06 Jetta pk2 manual for your 06+ Jetta AUTO

Yes this sounds crazy but here is the deal. I will be selling/trading in my 2006 Jetta pk2 5-speed with 65K miles in the fall for one reason only - so that I can get an automatic TDI. I drive 140 miles day in 50% stop and go traffic and even though I never thought I say it, I hate my manual...
  14. E

Any LIers with a VAG-COM?

Hi, I need to re-set an airbag light and I was wondering if someone with a vag could help me reset the cel? I travel home via the LIE every day so of course I can travel to where you are at. Thanks and refreshements are on me :)
  15. E

WTB: 06-07 Jetta driver seat

let me know what you have, thanks.
  16. E

Driver seat dissecetion (package 2)

I am looking for feeback/ideas here.. My drivers seat backrest snapped on one side down near the console - so now I have this nice twisting and rocking motion. This is after 1 year and 60K miles of shifting in stop and go traffic. Yes, I am running about 6'2" @ 250lbs. So nice to have something...
  17. E

A5 shifter boot ring part#

Since the A5 5-speed shift knob is too wide for my liking, I tried to install an A4-style shift knob/boot last night but I managed to crack the thin plastic ring that the stock A5 boot is stapeled to. I was in the process of stapling this ring to the new A4 boot since this ring then snaps into...
  18. E

2007 Chrysler 300C CRD review in NYT

Has anyone else read this review? 2007 Chrysler 300C CRD review in NYT I'd be interested in your thoughts, not so much on the car but more on the reviewers expectations of a diesel car. Seems like a weak review to me on many fronts, but maybe thats just me?
  19. E

MFD error, 2,000 miles until empty!

Filled up tonight and saw that the needle went to full. Drove a few miles and scrolled throught the MFD to 'miles until empty' and noiced that it was reading ------. Then I noticed the fuel gauge was pegged at empty! Shut the car off and re-started, fuel gauge went back to full but the MFD...
  20. E

I gor rear ended - low speed damage?

I got rear ended - low speed damage? Well on the commute home I was rear ended in stop and go traffic, the other driver was going about 10 mph give or take and I took a fairly good jolt but not enough for me to stall out :mad: There was no visible damage to the rear bumper, I looked closely...